Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

View Poll Results: Would you pre-order this Goro MKX 1/3 ?
YES, depending on price 111 76.03%
YES, regardless of price 35 23.97%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2019, 10:42 PM   #1711
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
WellI heard back from sideshow and they've now told me that instead of shipping it back I should smash it up as I initially expected. I hate doing this as it's literally a bit of glue on the arm but if I get an AP in perfect condition then it will be worth it. The annoying thing is that I'll probably be waiting another 2 to 3 weeks just for sideshow to open my email with the photos of the smashed statue and then I'll have to wait for them to ship it out and for it to arrive.

On a side note they also mentioned that they themselves will cover any import fees given that it's a replacement.
That’s just nuts, smash the whole statue over something so minor? It just goes to show how much those things really cost to sideshow/pcs - that it’s not even worth the a few hundred shipping cost to send it back.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 02:37 AM   #1712
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
That’s just nuts, smash the whole statue over something so minor? It just goes to show how much those things really cost to sideshow/pcs - that it’s not even worth the a few hundred shipping cost to send it back.
What are they going to do, pay to have you ---- it back, fix it (which many don't want returned statues much less they don't do real repairs), and then pay to ---- it back out? The shipping along is a good chunk of the statue price.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 02:55 AM   #1713
The STATUARY
Fantastic Four

The STATUARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 02:55 AM   #1714
The STATUARY
Fantastic Four

Yeah for that to be fixed the whole statue would pretty much have to be taken down to bare, then started from scratch.

And who wants a repaired statue? Maybe for 50% off?
You can be sure the majority of the "value" of these things comes from our own minds.
The STATUARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 05:53 AM   #1715
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
Well I heard back from sideshow and they've now told me that instead of shipping it back I should smash it up as I initially expected. I hate doing this as it's literally a bit of glue on the arm but if I get an AP in perfect condition then it will be worth it. The annoying thing is that I'll probably be waiting another 2 to 3 weeks just for sideshow to open my email with the photos of the smashed statue and then I'll have to wait for them to ship it out and for it to arrive.

On a side note they also mentioned that they themselves will cover any import fees given that it's a replacement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
As for the replacement you will not have to pay shipping not for returning yours or recieving the replacement.
Small prediction => Sideshow will tell you to destroy yours and there wont even be a return shipping process just recieving your replacement.
End note => Sideshow have the best cs in the business and I wouldnt worry about replacements they allways come through like professionals in my experience.
Just as I predicted

I went through the same process and I can tell you once they are working your case it can go fast. Once you send the photos you can expect the replacement to ship within about a week.
Also the not paying import fees twice is correct and if for some reason they do try to charge you then yes SS will cover it. I did have to show proof (the email correspondence between you and Sideshow about the replacement, the destroyed item and proof you allready paid import taxes the first time) to DHL and they will handle it with customs. I did take the time to make sure no import fees had to be paid twice eventhough Sideshow would have taken care of it but I feel that's the least I could do for such excellent customer service by Sideshow.
Also, I found the AP replacement to have an even slightly better paintjob though that could have just been random luck.
All in all you should be satisfied with both Goro (which is imo PCS's best statue to date) and the customer service you are recieving (eventhough the waiting times have drastically increased with current Sideshow website problems).

It's all good
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 05:41 PM   #1716
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Just paid for my Goro from Popcultcha now the wait
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 09:09 PM   #1717
Muffinman
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190311-010744_Gallery.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	321.5 KB
ID:	121712  
Muffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:54 PM   #1718
Biggunz
Loki

Lot of foam. Many Ur not supposed to break it that much. You supposed to half butt drop this
It’s ok. We can fix this
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 05:42 PM   #1719
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Goro is really thin. Since when are statues filled with foam? No one takes issue with this?
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:06 PM   #1720
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Goro is really thin. Since when are statues filled with foam? No one takes issue with this?
Eggshell statues have been a thing for many years now. Considering Goro is still pretty thick and heavy in comparisson to many others. I cant imagine the shipping cost if he was actualy full solid as shipping was allready astronomical as is...
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote