Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 11-25-2019, 10:27 PM   #1
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

So I just got my first Hot Toys figure...

I pre ordered from sideshow. The unit arrived and the box was absolutely crushed to hell. Tape was ripped open and everything. As somebody who displays in box, this is aggravating as I'm sure sideshow doesn't care about packaging condition seeing they ship them with zero protection. At least the PF statues have styrofoam to protect the integrity of the packaging.

I feel like I should ask, is that typical? Packaging trashed? Anywhere else you'd buy if you're a mib collector?
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 10:43 PM   #2
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I live less than 40 miles from Sideshow, so it is not in Fed Ex or UPS hands that long. So most of mine come out well. I did get my Gold Stormtrooper with a foot print right in the middle of the shipper and crunched like some one purposely stepped on it.

Go with BBTS or alter Ego Comics. I have good experiences with both. Both ship in a larger box. BBTS has a $4 flat rate shipping and pile of loot shipping options. Alter Ego often offers free S&H with Hot Toys and has a rewards program.

Of course you still need to order from Sideshow for any exclusives.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 10:59 PM   #3
ukshaun
Hercules

I've never had an issue with Hot Toys shipped via Sideshow. They tend to ship them out as is (in the Hot Toys brown shipper). Mine have always arrived in perfect shape.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 12:49 PM   #4
nameivom
The Herculoids

SS ships via UPS for me. I pickup all my UPS shipments at a UPS Store. If the package is destroyed I have the option to decline shipment.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 01:20 PM   #5
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

These Hot Toys boxes travel all the way from China where they are made and probably 99.9% of them arrive just fine. Really expect Sideshow to double box a shipper. I’m surprised some collectors haven’t blamed Sideshow for the bad weather that delays shipping too.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:24 PM   #6
Iron Fist 14
Fantastic Four

Considering what you pay for these collectibles and shipping, is it really too much to ask that Sideshow double box? I would buy from BBTS since they double box everything and only charge $4 for shipping.
Iron Fist 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 02:38 PM   #7
MechWestern
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
These Hot Toys boxes travel all the way from China where they are made and probably 99.9% of them arrive just fine. Really expect Sideshow to double box a shipper. I’m surprised some collectors haven’t blamed Sideshow for the bad weather that delays shipping too.
MechWestern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 02:48 PM   #8
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Huh? They don’t ship from China as single items. When they come from China, the figures are packed in multiples within a larger carton, put on a pallet and placed in a shipping container. Hardly the same thing.

With that said, Sideshow doesn’t guarantee mint boxes. Anyone who wants double packed items should buy from a retailer that provides that service.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 04:09 PM   #9
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

I did ask them if they'd do that service at a premium... current lead time on customer service requests is 7-10 days

Mine definitely got mangled by UPS, not on the pallet from China!
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 04:37 PM   #10
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

I've received about 25 Hot Toys figures through Sideshow sent to Canada via DHL and they are always just in the usual outer overpack box, which honestly doesn't offer significant protection. Had a few dents and rips in the outer box, but nothing that went so far as to damage the art box or the figure. I would contact the shipper and see if a damage claim can be done.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote