Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 10-12-2015, 02:20 PM   #11
MO42
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Either way I don't get why Randy doesn't let his fans and supporters know what his plans may be.
Cause its not our business to know. Do you come and post on the board when you get into a disagreement with your spouse or loved ones?

No one likes to air out their dirty laundry in public.

When time comes that Randy can and is allowed to address the matter of the situation he is in, and in the future of his business with sculpting, he will.

Until now go outside and enjoy life and stop worrying about when you're going to be able to buy a new Bowen statue.
MO42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 03:08 PM   #12
xforce
Hydra

I am still buying the old Bowen statues...got plenty to keep me busy.
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 03:35 PM   #13
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO42 View Post
Cause its not our business to know. Do you come and post on the board when you get into a disagreement with your spouse or loved ones?

No one likes to air out their dirty laundry in public.

When time comes that Randy can and is allowed to address the matter of the situation he is in, and in the future of his business with sculpting, he will.

Until now go outside and enjoy life and stop worrying about when you're going to be able to buy a new Bowen statue.
I don't want to know about his personal business. That's not for us to know.

It just seems he is driving his business into the ground by not at least letting the folks who spend thousands of dollars at the Vault and on pre orders when he had a license an inkling of his intentions to continue going forward.

It doesn't affect me regardless as I don't collect Bowen anymore but there are tons of fans eagerly waiting to hear something.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 03:45 PM   #14
qz33
Doctor Doom

So he still has stuff to sell on the Vault and someone expects him to announce he is tapping out? Fast way to decrease value.

Better business to sell on speculation.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 05:08 PM   #15
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

contractually he may not be allowed to make any announcements yet. If he is continuing with Marvel or now doing DC or whatever, there may be a clause that no statements can be made til a certain date when maybe the company wants to make a big announcement. Nowadays it's about how big a splash you can make.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 05:19 PM   #16
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
So he still has stuff to sell on the Vault and someone expects him to announce he is tapping out? Fast way to decrease value.

Better business to sell on speculation.
Wow, well said. Everything is almost liquidated, aside from the weekly auctions and those are slimming down.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:17 PM   #17
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Wow, well said. Everything is almost liquidated, aside from the weekly auctions and those are slimming down.
No one knows but he has to do something, he seems to young to retire. The only thing I do know is I buy bowens because I love them
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 11:21 AM   #18
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Probably a stipulation of their divorce that the old stock gets liquidated. Either way I don't get why Randy doesn't let his fans and supporters know what his plans may be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead View Post
agreed
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Cimmerian View Post
Most probably this is another stipulation of their divorce. I can't see another reason.
Quote:
I mean its been a year and a half since he announced it to us over at statue marvels. Why the secrecy? I'm not trying to get into his personal life but one statement like "I will be coming back with Marvel, DC, etc" would be nice.

I am the biggest Randy Bowen fan but you can't keep the fans who spend thousands of dollars in the dark. At least you shouldn't.
He might not have made a statement about this, because he's trying to figure it out. He may not know what to do at this point. He may want to restart, he may not, his finances may not permit it, he could be in a complete quandary about next steps. Rocky and Virginia were a big part of his company, and with the divorce who KNOWS how things are looking in his house, nevermind the company.

Gotta be hard for the man.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 11:21 AM   #19
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
He just may not know what he is going to do.
This - right here.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote