Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-06-2023, 12:38 AM   #4521
tyrannomauris
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez553 View Post
Is the leg hollow?
The core might be, but it is very heavy so probably not very hollow.
tyrannomauris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 12:41 AM   #4522
tyrannomauris
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
The $70 credit is insulting and frankly they should be able to offer a replacement of the full statue at this price point, but Prime 1's CS is what it is: crap.

What's left to fix on this? Just the gauntlet? Your boot work is quite seamless already, so I imagine the gauntlet wouldn't be too hard either.

While it's not "right," it may be less of a headache to just fix it yourself, especially if you're a capable artist. Stretching this issue out to several weeks (with the risk of the parts not fitting even if they arrive in perfect condition) may just sour the experience further.
Yeah that's what I'm leaning towards. Its unfortunate that P1 can't offer a better solution at this price point. I would be more than happy to take $150-200 and fix it myself. $70 makes it a much less happy decision. I'll probably sleep on it and email them back tomorrow. But I am leaning more towards the store credit at this point.
Old 01-06-2023, 01:17 AM   #4523
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrannomauris View Post

I got in contact with P1 about the damage and they gave me some options. I wanted to see what you guys think.

"a. request a replacement torso + lower body(8-14 weeks). As you might already know, every statue is individually made, cast, and fitted, so there could be fitting issues with the rest of the statue. Hence some additional sanding or otherwise might be required on your side. Since in your case, it is the entire body that was damaged, the fitment issue could be prominent, which means the replacement body might not be able to sit flush on the base.

Please also note that AFTER we have prepared the replacement shipment, we would also need you to fully destroy the old ones and send us the images of destruction for verification before we can ship you the replacement part, therefore please do NOT throw away anything at this moment.

b. glue them back. We understand you are not required to do this. And if you do choose to repair it, we will compensate you with $70 USD in Reward Points for both the upper and lower body."

What do you guys think? I included a picture of the leg after I tried to fix it. Thats only the first pass, I also have fine detailing tools/paints that will make it seamless even under closer zoom. (Physical/Digital 3D artist by trade) I believe I can re-sculpt the wrist gauntlet portion and match the color.

Their warning of replacement parts not fitting is a bit worrisome, (Mostly with the feet). However $70 bucks seems pretty measly after dropping 3k on this guy and 1.7k in shipping.

I feel like I can repair it unnoticeably, but the thought of having a less than "pristine" statue is annoying when spending this much money. There is also no guarantee that the replacement parts would be without issues of their own.
Return that garbage for a full refund. Buy again later. You ain't never gonna be satisfied after all this.
I always think of it like this: If your statue was advertised in the exact condition you received it, would you still have paid the same money? No, it must go, nay it can't stay,
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 01:18 AM   #4524
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Return that garbage for a full refund. Buy again later. You ain't never gonna be satisfied after all this.
I always think of it like this: If your statue was advertised in the exact condition you received it, would you still have paid the same money? No, it must go, nay it can't stay,
Would Prime 1 cover return shipping, though?
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 01:22 AM   #4525
tyrannomauris
Frackin!

Quote:
Almost zero chance they refund the cost of shipping and import fees, 2k right there.
Old 01-06-2023, 01:48 AM   #4526
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Mostly just the gauntlet, and I might take a look at those toes lol.
(That seems like a casting issue rather than a shipping one. I would bet that's a mold injection/air release site since it seems more like a popped pimple with gloss over it lol.)

For the boot I could additionally do a veryyy light pass with a small piece of a fine grit sandpaper and match the paint/gloss to completely eliminate a trace of a crack. For the gauntlet Id probably use aves apoxie sculpt, fine tools, fine grit paper, and then match the paint. luckily that type of metal is quite easy to color match.
The boot looks fine after patch up. Gauntlet won't be as noticeable once you insert blades, but I'd touch up on it a little.

Replacements are risky, so I'd pass on that (unless it's a major problem). Email back prime 1 and ask for a bigger credit refund and they may resolve this quickly but throwing some more credit your way.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 02:06 AM   #4527
Hutch0o
Birdman

Honestly they shouldn't be sending anything with breaks on the first batch? Like I thought this piece was being overlooked by the owner of the company, then to slap you in the face with 70usd is a laugh
Hutch0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 03:09 AM   #4528
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Almost zero chance they refund the cost of shipping and import fees, 2k right there.
Are import fees not refunded for returned goods?
No matter what there's going to be a loss whether money or satisfaction.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 07:35 AM   #4529
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Are import fees not refunded for returned goods?
No matter what there's going to be a loss whether money or satisfaction.
That would be up the the buyer to chase their government for a refund, not easy.

$70 is a joke and would mean having to buy another, expensive, product to redeem. Ask for a cash refund, more than $70...
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 07:40 AM   #4530
predators87
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
they should refund shipping only not other fees, plus statue price.

As they said, the replacement part may have fitment issues. Sending such a replacement has costs for Prime1 and this can be a point to request a higher refund. I would ask if they can give you a real refund and not the usual Reward Points....
If you're planning other purchases from them, the Reward Points can also be fine, but those in the trade know that even a small repair has not exactly low costs.
Take the weekend to evaluate if there are any other problems.
predators87 is offline   Reply With Quote