Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 02-18-2022, 07:28 PM   #11
hockeyflow33
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
I wouldn't say this forum is dead. I think that the current economics of the world have simply made many cut their purchasing so that there's less art to show off.

I know for myself that a deceitful ex-wife forced me to cut my art purchases WAAAAY down when she robbed me for thousands. Add some medical troubles to the mix and my expendable cash reserves are down to pennies, so aside from replying to other posts there's little that I have to add to the conversation. Of course there's also the lack of shows for the past couple of years.
With CAF, Facebook groups, instagram, twitter, 2d galleries, cgc forums, etc there are just too many options now
hockeyflow33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 12:37 AM   #12
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Honestly, I just think this specific forum shot itself in the foot when the controllers tried to pony up with the official statue companies and ruled out anyone talking about custom stuff. Members here just got tired of always being disappointed with the same characters being announced, the same questions of, "will this be released?" being ignored, and the same attitude of companies not caring what customers wanted versus what the companies wanted...

And just like hockey said above, there are way more (and some better) places to talk about what you want to talk about without this forum kinda crapping on you for it. Honestly, this art section is all I really come back for, and even then it's getting kinda dry around here =(
DiscoCougar is online now   Reply With Quote