Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-09-2014, 12:58 PM   #121
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

PG13 = Torrent download.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:40 PM   #122
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I don't expect to ever see a "big" movie be rated R ever again, personally. R at this point is reserved for some comedies, horror and new IPs. That's it. I don't like it but I don't really blame the studios, either.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 03:58 PM   #123
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideristic View Post
TERMINATOR: GENISYS Will Probably Be Rated PG-13; Not a Sequel or a Reboot
Once again confirmation of this movie not being a reboot. Ever since I learned this movie is not a reboot, I been looking forward to it.
oh thank god its not a reboot. im with you. im looking forward to this film too now.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 04:01 PM   #124
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
I don't expect to ever see a "big" movie be rated R ever again, personally. R at this point is reserved for some comedies, horror and new IPs. That's it. I don't like it but I don't really blame the studios, either.
your right, things arent what they use to be, and the more films they rate PG-13 or under the more ticket sales they can produce. specially with all the teenagers going out to the movies on dates...lol
they dont need a parent or guardian to get int o see the film.
at least thats the way i see it.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:13 PM   #125
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
PG13 = Torrent download.
I don't even remember the last time I gave an ounce of thought towards a film's rating. I know people give a lot of weight to the rating, but a film is either good or it isn't, the rating shouldn't make or break it.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 04:20 PM   #126
DynamicMenace

so true M.
the ratings are for folks who have children mostly.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:43 PM   #127
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I don't even remember the last time I gave an ounce of thought towards a film's rating. I know people give a lot of weight to the rating, but a film is either good or it isn't, the rating shouldn't make or break it.
I clearly recall the last time I cared and it was when the studio was pushing heavily for Promtheus to be PG-13 against Ridley Scott's wishes. I think if you know for certain that a rating will water down the subject matter and/or compromise the Director's vision it can make or break it for some.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 04:51 PM   #128
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I clearly recall the last time I cared and it was when the studio was pushing heavily for Promtheus to be PG-13 against Ridley Scott's wishes. I think if you know for certain that a rating will water down the subject matter and/or compromise the Director's vision it can make or break it for some.
I can see that, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that in most cases an "R" doesn't guarantee a better movie. If a director has a "vision" and the violence, language, sex etc. actually add or take away from the story if they are removed, then it's a fair point, but in most cases I don't feel that to be accurate.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 05:50 PM   #129
built2shred
Phoenix

It's fairly rare a movie is rated R for it's story content, it's usually because the Director wants to show some actress butt naked in a sex scene or go over the top with the violence and gore...

I think for $150-$200 million dollar movies you have to go PG-13 or you risk not getting back your investment.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:23 PM   #130
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

James Cameron Reveals Advice He Gave Terminator Genisys Producer
Very logical explanation and makes the presence of aged Arnold more fitting.

" Though Cameron isn't directly involved with the film, he did reveal to Deadline that he gave the film's producer, David Ellison, an idea on how to utilize the now 67-year-old Arnold Schwarzenegger.

"I pointed out that the outer covering (of the Terminator) was actually not synthetic, that it was organic and therefore could age," Cameron revealed, echoing a statement Schwarzenegger said back in March. "You could theoretically have a Terminator that was sent back in time, missed his target, and ended up just kind of living on in society. Because he is a learning computer and has a brain as a central processor, he could actually become more human as he went along without getting discovered." "
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote