Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-28-2013, 05:49 PM   #41
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Rock does have appeal. and i like him in some of the films he has done. but no way i want to see Rock as the Terminator. no way no how. that would be a huge mistake IMO.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:54 PM   #42
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I think they're using the term "reboot" rather loosely. I'm just guessing but I think this will take place in the existing Terminator universe except it won't be dealing with any of the established characters from the known films. Making it more of a stand alone trilogy than an actual reboot/re-imagining.
we ll i hope your right HB. i could handle that. i would def rather see that than a reboot/remake of the original film terminator. who knows. it possibly could be something like the Sara Connor chronicles. but i am still hoping that they will complete the franchise and bring the films full circle to where Reece is sent back in tike time to protect Sara. and it would be even cooler if they ended the last film that way sending Reece back in time.
guess we will have to wait and see.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #43
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

if the Rock was the terminator I would not be able to take this movie seriously. I thought they were planning on continuing the story after the last movie, why the reboot?!
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #44
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
if the Rock was the terminator I would not be able to take this movie seriously. I thought they were planning on continuing the story after the last movie, why the reboot?!
I'd guess its because they want to pump out a trilogy of films before the rights revert back to Cameron in 2019 and having a stand alone set of films allows them to have more creative freedom and doesn't tie the narrative to any characters/actors who may not be able to fit 3 films into their schedule.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #45
Atheris
The Maxx

If it ain't rated R I don't care for it. Will just end up being another watered down salvation movie.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:38 PM   #46
Spazzy
Hercules

awesome love me any terminator, haven't been dissappointed by any of the movies or tv show
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:59 PM   #47
ratchet
Mandarin

If they do make the Rock the Terminator I want to see a villain again - not the good guy Terminators
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:25 PM   #48
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
I'd guess its because they want to pump out a trilogy of films before the rights revert back to Cameron in 2019 and having a stand alone set of films allows them to have more creative freedom and doesn't tie the narrative to any characters/actors who may not be able to fit 3 films into their schedule.
I'm actually more excited to know what Cameron plans to do with the rights once he gets them back, than I am for this trilogy.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:51 PM   #49
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I'm actually more excited to know what Cameron plans to do with the rights once he gets them back, than I am for this trilogy.
Knowing Cameron though, I wouldn't be surprised if he did absolutely nothing with it.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:43 AM   #50
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Knowing Cameron though, I wouldn't be surprised if he did absolutely nothing with it.
Neither would I, and honestly if he does nothing with it I'd be fine with just knowing it's his and no one can touch it. But can you imagine him being in absolute control of that property now, with all he has at his disposal?

I remember him saying when the last one came out that he had said all he had to say as far as the Terminator franchise was concerned.

Only time will tell.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote