Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-27-2016, 09:25 AM   #11
ukshaun
Hercules

We all had 0 feed back at some point. If the buyer pays via Paypal, and you shipped insured + signed for. All should be well.

Then again, it can pay to look into the area where the buyer lives. Look it up on Google Earth / Street view. If the location looks dodgy, then hold off. As silly as this might sound, I used to work at a company that did this kind of thing on selected items.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:41 AM   #12
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
We all had 0 feed back at some point. If the buyer pays via Paypal, and you shipped insured + signed for. All should be well.
That is way to broad of a statement for me to agree with. For a $20 item, sure. For a $100 item, maybe you roll the dice. For a $950 item, no way.

I thought you could but a block on the listing. Did you put a block or just say something in the description?

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:05 AM   #13
Liad
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I can totally agree with that sentiment, and if it was a book or a CD i wouldn't have minded.

But at the cost of the item I sold I think it's far too risky.

Sellers are completely screwed when it comes to PayPal. The buyer is God, and I've had cases where someone sent in a dispute, and I had taken pictures, kept receipts ; Everything. Everything was technically in my favor, but PayPal still sided with the buyer, and screwed me completely.

@JadeGiant : I specifically stated that I didn't accept bids from 0 feedback accounts, but he sniped it a minute before it ended. Far as I can tell, it's not possible to put a block on 0-bid listings, you can only put a block on negative feedback users.
Liad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:11 AM   #14
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liad View Post
i'll cancel the item, refund the buyer's money, and see if I can second offer the second-highest bidder.
This would be my recommendation. Good luck my man!
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:08 PM   #15
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1203 View Post
message the buyer and eBay. if the buyer paid the seller is also covered. i had a guy return me rocks and eBay covered me.
You probably got lucky in that the buyer didn't know the scam which is to manipulate eBay's not as described rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
That is way to broad of a statement for me to agree with. For a $20 item, sure. For a $100 item, maybe you roll the dice. For a $950 item, no way.
Yep and maybe if this was the early days of eBay where things were still relatively equal between buyers and sellers. But if this buyer was searching for stuff and just happened to make an account now for an almost $1000 item? Plus the guy is sniping the auction. Too many negatives already for me.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:32 PM   #16
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1203 View Post
message the buyer and eBay. if the buyer paid the seller is also covered. i had a guy return me rocks and eBay covered me.

That actually happened to you?? Good grief. Was this an auction sale or buy-it-now?
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:01 PM   #17
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Also you say you stated "no 0 feedback". So just telling them, "sorry, cant do it" and be fine. He might not like it and yes "you" (them) gotta start somewhere. But you (Liad) have already been there, protecting yourself.

This happened to me when I first started collecting. I figured I would give it a shot. Won and was denied. I mean eventually I bought some here and there from larger sellers or smaller items.

Your right, we all had zero feedback at one point. But we dont now and know what not having it can mean. If you dont feel comfortable, no need to the potential hassle.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:01 PM   #18
prescribeddrone
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I sorta got screwed this way.

I sold a lot of TMNT Vol 4 comics (Issues #1-30) for $656, but I had to cancel the "winning" bid and refund him (I told him not to pay)

This guy had a whole story about his kid really wanting a comic from this (a rare issue, #29 I think) and wanted me to cancel the bid and take one of his side offers. Later on he explained that he couldn't bid due to unpaid strikes. I ignore him after that.

Without even telling me, he uses a old SN on ebay with no activity since 2013 (0% recent feedback) and snipes the bid. I email him asking, is he serious? He admits to being the guy who had the kid and asked me to cancel the auction so he can buy the lot. I right off the bat tell him, do not pay. I canceled his bid and I gave a watcher and actual bidder a 2nd chance who paid. 10 min later, the shady guy pays- I refund him in a minute. Tell me it's around anymore, don't trust him. Ect..

Later on he even threatens to sue me.

Since he "paid" he left my first negative feedback and my reports didn't seem to work... and I called ebay asking about his lawsuit threats, they said not to worry... ect
prescribeddrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 10:19 AM   #19
Liad
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

So this went pretty smoothly, Just sent the buyer a message saying that I can't sell to someone with 0 feedback, and explained my reasons.

I then cancelled the item, and ebay automatically refunded the buyer - took me about 3 clicks and a minute. Ebay contacted me later (as I had sent them a message asking them about this) , and said this would be totally fine, and I had nothing to worry about.

Buyer then sent me a message saying it was totally cool, and he understood completely. Guy sounded pretty solid, but If I wanna be cynical about it ; I guess con artists are supposed to sound trustworthy.
Liad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 10:36 AM   #20
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prescribeddrone View Post
I sorta got screwed this way.

I sold a lot of TMNT Vol 4 comics (Issues #1-30) for $656, but I had to cancel the "winning" bid and refund him (I told him not to pay)

This guy had a whole story about his kid really wanting a comic from this (a rare issue, #29 I think) and wanted me to cancel the bid and take one of his side offers. Later on he explained that he couldn't bid due to unpaid strikes. I ignore him after that.

Without even telling me, he uses a old SN on ebay with no activity since 2013 (0% recent feedback) and snipes the bid. I email him asking, is he serious? He admits to being the guy who had the kid and asked me to cancel the auction so he can buy the lot. I right off the bat tell him, do not pay. I canceled his bid and I gave a watcher and actual bidder a 2nd chance who paid. 10 min later, the shady guy pays- I refund him in a minute. Tell me it's around anymore, don't trust him. Ect..

Later on he even threatens to sue me.

Since he "paid" he left my first negative feedback and my reports didn't seem to work... and I called ebay asking about his lawsuit threats, they said not to worry... ect
This is all bad buyer 101. I don't know where it comes from either. Maybe bad people all use the same tactics and learn it from each other. Or there is a site out there that tells bad people how to behave to attempt to rip people off. But they always attempt to tell a sad story or appeal to your emotions. It's for a kid, I'm waiting on a paycheck, let's do the deal on the side at your house and save you money, etc. Many times they pay fast and will get upset, threaten to tell eBay, post negative feedback if you don't go through with the sale and refund them. I've seen this on occasion and it makes me sick that buyers only get away with so called buyer reports when they attempt this stuff. Of course they know eBay only allows sellers to make buyers reports, which is why they can behave so poorly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liad View Post
Buyer then sent me a message saying it was totally cool, and he understood completely. Guy sounded pretty solid, but If I wanna be cynical about it ; I guess con artists are supposed to sound trustworthy.
Yeah sometimes you won't know you had a problem till they decided to message you or do a return after the sale.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote