Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-30-2016, 11:29 PM   #521
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
I'm sorry but...he didn't make it. Do you know if he has any loved ones we should contact?
Haha he must be hanging out with my full wallet. All I have here is an empty one.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 12:32 AM   #522
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Bro, Its clear you dont like it. Now how about stop trying force your negative OPINION on everyone else. Agree to disagree and to each their own, move on... please.
Truer words were never spoken..
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 12:43 AM   #523
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Haha you two are the Devils on my shoulder. Where's that angel at?
There is no angel, only Zuul
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 01:31 AM   #524
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

That alternate portrait is way too on the nose as a straight up crocodile head. Mutated Croc had a bit of a monster vibe to him but this looks like an animal from the wild for my tastes. Extremely well done from what can be seen but it will definitely not be the head I display.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 01:32 AM   #525
Parallax
Nightwing

The head sculpts are both misses for me on this. I'm not sure I'd get it regardless though. Paint and sculpt are all technically well done, I just don't like how the teeth look.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 02:09 AM   #526
B@ttle C@t
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
That alternate portrait is way too on the nose as a straight up crocodile head. Mutated Croc had a bit of a monster vibe to him but this looks like an animal from the wild for my tastes. Extremely well done from what can be seen but it will definitely not be the head I display.
B@ttle C@t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 02:31 AM   #527
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:

I prefer KC with a classic head or even more like the Animated Series, so actual lips instead of permanently exposed teeth...the human head's teeth are my only gripe about that head. I can't even call it "humanoid head" because despite the atavism or even being mutated, KC is indeed an actual human.

Btw, I think the suicide squad movie look is pretty good. I didn't care for it at first, but it grew on me. Right mix of human and croc features mixed in.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 02:33 AM   #528
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
At first I lmao when i saw this pic but as i analyzed it this actually looks pretty good, this has made me more excited to see the actual swap out head. And kudos for finding a pic of croc at the right angle to apply to photoshopped head.
Thanks. That was the hardest part. No shortage of croc pics to "fill out" the rest of the head. Maybe my head is larger than the actual portrait, but considering the angle I think it's a bit forgivable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
I don't get the hate for the alt head. I think it's sweet. Just as sweet as the reg head actually. I'd give them both equal time in my joint.
Indeed. I love the standard BTAS head, but this would be an EX or fail for me in how dramatically it changes the character. Sadly I'm talking myself into passing on this statue, mostly for budget reasons. Killer Croc came out amazing though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Awesome shop gomur, thank you sir!

The "humanoid" head was love at first sight for me but i love having options
I think SS has given fans two great options with the EX here. Same as they did with Cheetah. Credit where credit is due.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
Gomur, I thought about doing this and you actually did it.good job taking the initiative. May not be perfect but it gives us an idea. Thanks buddy!
Thanks man. I went back a few pages to make sure... wha- no one's 'shopped this yet? And thus started my croc pic fetish. Some like blondes. Some like brunettes. I just like saltw@ter.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 05:08 AM   #529
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

I agree offering two greatly different heads for Croc as well as Cheetah is such a win for the fans / collectors.

Personally I prefer the more humanoid head on my Waylon Jones, but I remember still seeing that two page spread by Jim Lee in Hush and my mouth just dropping at how killer his Croc looked. (Ha!) So I will definitely give the full on Croc head a spin.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 06:25 AM   #530
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Agree 100%. I have the DC Batman vs Killer Croc statue and that looks excellent in comparison to the second head on this 1/4 scale. But the saving grace for me is the original head, if the EX is the second head then I'm in no rush to PO this since I will never display the second head.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote