Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-15-2008, 11:51 PM   #1
superman4ever
Hydra

Ebay's new fees as of 2/20/08

I'm not sure if any of you have seen this but for you sellers eBay has changed it's seller fees. Most of the changes are 5-10 cents below the current listing fees, not bad. What bugs me is the increase in the percentage that eBay will charge for final value fees, an increase by 3 percent.

Check out the new fees here!

I don't like the increase in the final value fees. I thought they were high enough as it is, now it's going over 10% for any item selling between 25.01 - 1000. And what's the pay off? A 5 cent reduction in the insertion fee? What the hell!

What do you power sellers think?

I did a quick search but if this thread exists somewhere else please merge.
superman4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 12:03 AM   #2
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Even a top class agent generally only takes 10%, and they work a lot harder to make you money than Ebay does...

Seriously though, Ebay fees are getting out of control, especially when it comes to their cut of higher end and more pricey items...
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 06:16 AM   #3
superman4ever
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer! View Post
Even a top class agent generally only takes 10%, and they work a lot harder to make you money than Ebay does...

Seriously though, Ebay fees are getting out of control, especially when it comes to their cut of higher end and more pricey items...
It really is ridiculous. That's one of the reasons the S&H prices are so inflated in some cases. Since shipping is not counted, some sellers off-put the selling fees by increasing shipping rates. The ripoff artists will still be there even if rates went down, but I don't think it'd be as prominent and wide-spread.

Seriously they decrease the listing fees by 5 cents but jack the ending fees by 3%?
superman4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:38 PM   #4
The_One
A day without sunshine is like... night.

My post office just told me If i don't buy the boxes from them they have to measure each box now. That added about 5-6 dollars a statue the other day.
The_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:39 PM   #5
chromesamurai
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

EBay really is the worst. I'm glad I'm done with them for the most part.
chromesamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:51 PM   #6
moon_knight1971
Rescue

We need ebay but they really need some real competition so they can put their pricing in check.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 08:12 PM   #7
misbitski
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

The fees suck. They hit you on the FVF, and then Paypal on top of that. I was surprised to see how high they went up, but they sell it like they're doing you a favor by lowering the listing fees. What a scam.

And USPS is also getting out of control now too. It's probably cheaper in a lot of cases to use UPS.
misbitski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:13 PM   #8
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
We need ebay but they really need some real competition so they can put their pricing in check.
That is exactly what we need moon. You are so right about that
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:56 PM   #9
risingstar
Jedi Order

You can bet that the employees aren't getting a 10% raise overnight. This is pure and simply a huge raise and bonus situation for the Execs. You see sort of thing happen all the time.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:00 PM   #10
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post

For years, people have tried to compete with eBay. It just hasn't worked out. Thing is, at this point, it's the sellers that have to take their business elsewhere... and they won't, not so long as there are loony tunes out there willing to pay 60k for a Spidey cover. Why should they risk posting that auction on some unknown auction site only to see it sell for a 10th as much?

Given everything we know about eBay, that is, the scammers, the huge fees, and the pretty much useless feedback system, I can only imagine how much worse it would actually have to get for people to leave... I mean, it would have to come out that Bin Laden owns it or something.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote