Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 07-01-2010, 05:01 PM   #121
goingbroke223
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I'm pretty positive that I got in on Jimmy Chuengs first 15 requests today. Now I just I have to wait to see if I got picked since he is only doing 4.
wow, raised to 500.00, good luck
goingbroke223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:09 PM   #122
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
I'm pretty positive that I got in on Jimmy Chuengs first 15 requests today. Now I just I have to wait to see if I got picked since he is only doing 4.
I decided to not put a request in. I already have a commission coming from Lee Bermejo and Tim Sale so the rest of my money is going to go towards published pieces.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:09 PM   #123
Royd
Producer
Producer

If I read correctly, he's doing 4 commissions selected at random from a list of 15 requests and will try to complete more if possible.

The $500.00 price tag puts a commission by Jimmy out of my reach - is this just for SDCC or his standard commission rate?

He also mentioned that he hoped to do some regular sketching during the show hours - anyone know what "regular sketches" cost from Jimmy? Are these head and shoulders type pieces?

I'm more interested in his mention of originals which he'll have with him - hopefully something there might be something within my budget

Quote:
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:57 PM   #124
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

wow he has raised his prices this is the Batman he did for me back in nov 2008 it was only 175.00 (first Batman he had ever done)
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:59 PM   #125
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

crap forgot the pic lol
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:16 PM   #126
dagouch17
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Royd,

At megacon, he was charging $300.00 for a commission. However an assoicate of mine got a commission on 11 by 17 for the same price. Jim at that time was considering raising the price for that size to $400.00 bucks.

I believe this is just for San Diego but I'll shoot Jimmy an email to see what's up?

not too sure what he meant by regualar sketching. I would assume headshots quickies.

Mike
dagouch17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:43 PM   #127
chrissnorek
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

As the very lucky owner of a Jimmy Cheung piece I think they're well worth 500 dollars. I would not hesitate to spend that if given another chance.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryP...066&GSub=91641

Having said that, mine was 300 dollars a few months ago and I imagine that his increase is reflective of the venue. I know a lot of artists have special (higher) rates for SDCC.
chrissnorek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:09 PM   #128
Royd
Producer
Producer

Thanks for the info Mike! I was idly thinking about trying for a sketch from Jimmy at SDCC but since this is unlikely, I'll happily settle for something else either at the con or sometime in the future (I take the long view ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagouch17 View Post
Royd,

At megacon, he was charging $300.00 for a commission. However an assoicate of mine got a commission on 11 by 17 for the same price. Jim at that time was considering raising the price for that size to $400.00 bucks.

I believe this is just for San Diego but I'll shoot Jimmy an email to see what's up?

not too sure what he meant by regualar sketching. I would assume headshots quickies.

Mike
Old 07-01-2010, 09:11 PM   #129
Royd
Producer
Producer

Hey Chris,

Truly amazing Thing piece by Jimmy! This is why I'm hoping to eventually get something by him for my collection Best,

Royd

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissnorek View Post
As the very lucky owner of a Jimmy Cheung piece I think they're well worth 500 dollars. I would not hesitate to spend that if given another chance.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryP...066&GSub=91641

Having said that, mine was 300 dollars a few months ago and I imagine that his increase is reflective of the venue. I know a lot of artists have special (higher) rates for SDCC.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:32 PM   #130
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Well Jim Cheung closed his list. I'm curious to see what 4 he selected. I would also be interesting to see the 11 requests he didn't select.