Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 06-26-2010, 11:16 PM   #11
goingbroke223
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
This section is made for showing off. Screw the haters and lets see or hear about what you have in the works!

I think I have a Lee Bermejo commission set up.

I can't wait to see what you get done!! Did you put me in for an ALan Scott from him??Ill mail your first payment out in a week
goingbroke223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:26 PM   #12
Bods
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

waiting to hear back from one artist (or his rep) about a commission...

just got an email back from another artist re: a piece of original art...

down to my final instalment for one of the more expensive pieces I've bought, due end of July...

...and three days away from making the final decision as to whether I get things moving on the most expensive thing I've ever purchased (the price of which will make some people chuckle I'm sure, but I do the best I can with a limited budget)

only one of these things is absolutely definite, up in the air otherwise so I don't want to say too much just in case it all goes to hell
Bods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:38 PM   #13
statman
Baron Zemo

Let's see... I've got commissions lined up for Ardian Syaf, Chris Uminga, and hopefully Richard Cox. A Lim headsketch is also in the works. I'm also going to try to get some Fletcher stuff for Pick-up at NYCC.
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:42 PM   #14
goingbroke223

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman View Post
Let's see... I've got commissions lined up for Ardian Syaf, Chris Uminga, and hopefully Richard Cox. A Lim headsketch is also in the works. I'm also going to try to get some Fletcher stuff for Pick-up at NYCC.
Oh. I thought this was for SDCC.lol I have one lined up with Ethan Sciver for Fanexpo.. And hopefully a few others but will wait and see.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:44 PM   #15
Tattoo-X

We have several sketches lined up with artists. Several X-23's and Shadowcat's.

Don't know if we'll make another con this year.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:44 PM   #16
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

More Hulk, Caiera or Thanos commissions is a given.

Hrm... maybe a Thor too, since I don't have anything of him and he's one of my favorite characters.

Way too many trips and expenditures this summer, so my wife and I are grippin' the moneypouch pretty tightly.

I'd actually like to get something from Brett Booth.. but I'm not sure how to track the guy down; my first time mentioning this.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:54 PM   #17
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I keep debating if I should try to get on Jim Cheung's list for SDCC, I can't decide.

As usual my San Diego money always takes a big hit. I had a dealer contact me and there bringing 12 Spider-Woman pages to the convention and all of them are at a premium price. So I bought a little over half of them to be picked up there. I still plan on getting another Amanda Conner for $300 at SDCC. Also I hope to have a few thousand to pick up a few random pages or toys, or potato skins from T.G.I Fridays..

I'm currently paying off a vintage Byrne Avengers page that is almost on par with some of his nicer X-Men pages.

There has been a dry spell of Spider-Woman pages for the last 4 months so I have purchased about 15 Savage She-Hulk and Byrne Sensational She-Hulk pages. I actually was pretty happy I was able to add a bunch of pages from my 2nd favorite character then Spider-Woman struck again for the convention.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:58 PM   #18
goingbroke223

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I keep debating if I should try to get on Jim Cheung's list for SDCC, I can't decide.

As usual my San Diego money always takes a big hit. I had a dealer contact me and there bringing 12 Spider-Woman pages to the convention and all of them are at a premium price. So I bought a little over half of them to be picked up there. I still plan on getting another Amanda Conner for $300 at SDCC. Also I hope to have a few thousand to pick up a few random pages or toys, or potato skins from T.G.I Fridays..

I'm currently paying off a vintage Byrne Avengers page that is almost on par with some of his nicer X-Men pages.

There has been a dry spell of Spider-Woman pages for the last 4 months so I have purchased about 15 Savage She-Hulk and Byrne Sensational She-Hulk pages. I actually was pretty happy I was able to add a bunch of pages from my 2nd favorite character then Spider-Woman struck again for the convention.

I would love to get a Cheung Alan Scott but he states you have to be there ..or someone get on list there for you..Any word on what he's gonna charge at SDCC?
Old 06-27-2010, 12:04 AM   #19
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post

That Black Widow Cheung that Wes got at his last con, I just can't stop thinking about it....

If you're able mate, you should SO get a SW from him!!
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 12:12 AM   #20
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I've seen his Jean Grey and a few other females and I was blown away.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote