Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 06-27-2010, 01:01 AM   #31
goingbroke223
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Jim Cheung was the other commission I want to get in San Diego. Its going to be tough though.
You did see on his CAF page he is gonna fill his list preshow for only several commissions.....and then I saw Kirk Dilbeck suggest to him he should ebay them like Hughes and get as much as he can for the spots!
goingbroke223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:03 AM   #32
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

I've purchased a bunch of pages from Guardians of the Galaxy over the past 3-4 months as well as a few other things here and there, probably about 35 pages total.

Now I have to save up for a while as I am going to visit Ron and his family later in the year. I'm going to get to dig through artwork that hasn't seen the light of day for years, possibly decades. Can't wait to see what gems I find!
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:09 AM   #33
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingbroke223 View Post
You did see on his CAF page he is gonna fill his list preshow for only several commissions.....and then I saw Kirk Dilbeck suggest to him he should ebay them like Hughes and get as much as he can for the spots!
Yeah I saw it. I think its going to be a nightmare to get on the list but I'll give it a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
I've purchased a bunch of pages from Guardians of the Galaxy over the past 3-4 months as well as a few other things here and there, probably about 35 pages total.

Now I have to save up for a while as I am going to visit Ron and his family later in the year. I'm going to get to dig through artwork that hasn't seen the light of day for years, possibly decades. Can't wait to see what gems I find!
Can I come with you?
Old 06-27-2010, 01:13 AM   #34
goingbroke223
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

[QUOTE=MONSTER;3402122]Yeah I saw it. I think its going to be a nightmare to get on the list but I'll give it a shot.

Good luck buddy, Im pullin for you, be ready July 1st!! lol Stephen helped set up at Heroes con and was in early and said Cheung's list was already closed before the doors opened.
goingbroke223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:32 AM   #35
statman
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post

Do you think he has anything from the Legacy of Doom mini series left?
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 02:01 AM   #36
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman View Post
Do you think he has anything from the Legacy of Doom mini series left?
The one he did with Bob Layton a few years back? I would say he probably has most of his pages left. If there's anything specific you're looking for, let me know and I'll pass along the word.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 08:14 AM   #37
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

[QUOTE=goingbroke223;3402134]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Yeah I saw it. I think its going to be a nightmare to get on the list but I'll give it a shot.

Good luck buddy, Im pullin for you, be ready July 1st!! lol Stephen helped set up at Heroes con and was in early and said Cheung's list was already closed before the doors opened.
Yea, I was waiting in line for another artist the first day right by Jimmy and watched as people rushed over to him first thing and getting turned away. First time I have seen Jimmy at a con, have to admit I was surprised when I heard him speak with a British accent.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:32 AM   #38
sketch515
Artist
ArtistProducer

i am picking up my brandon peterson at sdcc. adn i also just signed up for a defalo commission, a lim head sketch, and hopefully picking up a few owed ones as well.
sketch515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:12 PM   #39
greenjeans1978
The Herculoids

I have two commissions pending: Randy Emberlin inking my Darryl Banks He-Man sketch, and Kerry Gammill doing Superman with a stylin' Art Deco ride.

Then there's two conventions slated for Halloween weekend in my neck of the woods, Detroit Fanfare and Motor City Comic Con. Right now I'm waiting to see what the guest rosters end up being for both.

Beyond that? It's anyone's guess.
greenjeans1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:41 PM   #40
Krypton Knight
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I've got one (possibly two) pieces I'll be picking up from Simone Bianchi at SDCC. After that, I'm winging it as far as art goes.
Krypton Knight is offline   Reply With Quote