Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 11-12-2006, 02:16 PM   #51
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Captain America Wins!

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:18 PM   #52
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

I think Batman could beat Captain America, just as I think Cap could beat Batman.

Given certain factors, weapons, environment, prep time, this one could go either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nuff View Post
Okay Buddy...We will play in your ballpark...Let's get down to basics...Cage match...wearing nothing but a pair of tights and boots...Batman or Cap...?...
Given these conditions, I'd expect Cap to win more often than Bats.

Both men have been defeated in single combat before, so they are not invincible. That's someone else.

Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:19 PM   #53
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I would say the same thing about you, Mike, that you are staunchly entrenched in your idea that Captain America, who has demonstrated the same level of tenacity but greater fighting prowess, power, and skill, to Batman's own admission, cannot take down Batman. Cap has made a career out of finding a way to defeat any and all opponents.

This argument is circular and just will continue to go around forever. Which is fine, but I find it funny you think I'm dug in but don't acknowledge the same of yourself, especially when Batman, himself, concedes Captain America could defeat him.
I never said I wasn't entrenched in my side of the argument, only pointing out you were as well. I'm BAT_COLLECTOR for god's sake.

I saw batman say "its CONCEIVABLE." Its in the realm of possibility. Its conceiveable anybody can take down anyone at any given moment.

The thing is, it ain't happening.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:25 PM   #54
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
I think Batman could beat Captain America, just as I think Cap could beat Batman.

Given certain factors, weapons, environment, prep time, this one could go either way.
I agree with this completely. And what's more, I think Batman and Cap would agree with this too. And they're two-dimensional.

Honestly, I've always thought that Cap could take Batman, but I do think it's a pretty even playing field. And yeah, I'd argue that the field is, in fact, even, since for all the "power" that Cap has (which is pretty low on the "powers" scale--it's not like Bats is going up against Thor or the Silver Surfer, here...) Batman can match it (or better) with his gadgetry. Besides, it's been argued (and it's a valid point, I think) on other boards in the past that Marvel history is inconsistent about Steve Rogers' powers--sometimes he has enhanced strength and speed and endurance, and other times he's the "pinnacle of human potential" or some such. So there's that.

As a fan, though, I have to admit that my admiration for Cap is probably why gives him the edge in my head, and I'm cool with that. I like Bats, too, so all is well. But ultimately, that's why this is the ultimate fanboy question, because when all the scores are tallied, it really comes down to who's your favorite.

Great visual aids, as always, Tet. Much enjoyed them!
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:41 PM   #55
bat_collector
Galactus

great observations tet and teague
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 03:37 PM   #56
Immovable Blob
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

Cap wins.
Immovable Blob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 03:50 PM   #57
Babytoxie
Ghost

After 6 pages of back-and-forth, I have to ask: does it really matter? 2 characters from different comic universes, both with their cool and not so cool points, both great fighters... who cares???

This is one of those situations I dread running across in the comic shop: the nerd-off!
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 03:51 PM   #58
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Well, in the Crossbones fight the Skull was invading Cap's head so he was befuddled during this fight. As well, Batman was ill and exhausted when Bane broke his back.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:49 PM   #59
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I like cap and bats but if I was in a dark alley without a nuke i`d like batman with me before cap.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 05:11 PM   #60
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
I never said I wasn't entrenched in my side of the argument, only pointing out you were as well. I'm BAT_COLLECTOR for god's sake.

I saw batman say "its CONCEIVABLE." Its in the realm of possibility. Its conceiveable anybody can take down anyone at any given moment.

The thing is, it ain't happening.
You may be bat_collector but I've been a Batman reader since the 1960s. I've reviewed more Batman comic titles and trades than any other and I own more Batman comics and trades than those for any other character. Batman has always been one of my most favorite character. I think that makes me a bat collector, as well, and I still think Captain America has the edge here, as Bruce Wayne stated in the Byrne image Tet posted.

All this said, Toxie, of course, is correct that this is a total nerd-off and, yes, it doesn't really matter other than it's fun to debate back and forth.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote