Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-28-2022, 04:57 AM   #161
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Finally got around to the latest episode. By far the worst one yet, and that's saying a lot after last week. This added absolutely nothing, wasn't funny, and didn't even have any good action. Garbage episode
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 12:23 AM   #162
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienjakk View Post
Finally got around to the latest episode. By far the worst one yet, and that's saying a lot after last week. This added absolutely nothing, wasn't funny, and didn't even have any good action. Garbage episode
I am not a person who has read a lot of She Hulk books. Is this series in line with the comics?

The show has definitely lost my interest. I am still watching but the wedding plot was bad. And the B plot (the immortal man) was not any better.
Iko Iko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 06:06 AM   #163
damienjakk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I am not a person who has read a lot of She Hulk books. Is this series in line with the comics?

The show has definitely lost my interest. I am still watching but the wedding plot was bad. And the B plot (the immortal man) was not any better.
They changed the way she became She Hulk, but I think everyone saw that coming given her original origin. The tone of the show is definitely in line with the comics, it's the writing IMO that completely nosedives it though.

The show teeters on some really good stuff, but more often than not dips into really awful stuff. It's extremely frustrating because when they do get it right it's really good, and you can see the potential, episode 4 for example is excellent. It's very clear though when you can see what I'm assuming are mandated (no pun intended) scenes, lines of dialogue, topics, etc. by the higher ups to keep the show in line with "The Message" It's usually at this point when the episodes take a sharp turn for the worse.
Old 09-29-2022, 06:19 AM   #164
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
They changed the way she became She Hulk, but I think everyone saw that coming given her original origin. The tone of the show is definitely in line with the comics, it's the writing IMO that completely nosedives it though.

The show teeters on some really good stuff, but more often than not dips into really awful stuff. It's extremely frustrating because when they do get it right it's really good, and you can see the potential, episode 4 for example is excellent. It's very clear though when you can see what I'm assuming are mandated (no pun intended) scenes, lines of dialogue, topics, etc. by the higher ups to keep the show in line with "The Message" It's usually at this point when the episodes take a sharp turn for the worse.
The Show has a message ? What is this message ? I don't watch She-Hulk but it is nothing to do with her. I don't watch TV Shows anymore. I just lost interest in TV. Only checking the news.

I just really wonder what The Message of The Show is ?
The Dark Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 06:56 AM   #165
damienjakk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
The Show has a message ? What is this message ? I don't watch She-Hulk but it is nothing to do with her. I don't watch TV Shows anymore. I just lost interest in TV. Only checking the news.

I just really wonder what The Message of The Show is ?
Basically that all women are stronger, smarter, funnier, and more capable than men in every conceivable way in any given setting, all the while highlighting how all men are stupid, bumbling, sexist, immature cowards.

While this show doesn't have it to the degree of say Star Wars or Masters of the Universe, it's certainly there and does more harm than the good they think it's doing.
Old 09-29-2022, 07:33 AM   #166
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Basically that all women are stronger, smarter, funnier, and more capable than men in every conceivable way in any given setting, all the while highlighting how all men are stupid, bumbling, sexist, immature cowards.

While this show doesn't have it to the degree of say Star Wars or Masters of the Universe, it's certainly there and does more harm than the good they think it's doing.
Oh, that message of Holywood... After seeing The Message pushed by Holywood so hard, i believe there is an agenda here. That is to create misogynist men and make feminism look stupid. I don't believe people who makes shows with The Message are just stupid people who don't know what they are doing anymore. They are the actual sexists, calculating people with the evil agenda.
The Dark Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 01:21 AM   #167
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Ugh, they turned the Abomination into some hippie spiritual clown. He's more of a good guy now than She Hulk. He should be out terrorizing the city and urinating all over the Avengers. "Abomaste."
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 09:28 AM   #168
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:

Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 09:33 AM   #169
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:

Yeah, it's really old. Every male in the show (besides maybe Bruce) has been an idiot or a pig. It's quite obvious that the showrunners/writers hate men.

I'm sorry, but you don't have to hate on one group to prop another group up. That is 100% the wrong way to go about it.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 09:36 AM   #170
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
People want to see and hear what they want to see and hear. I don't even sweat it anymore.

No one seems to mention the stereotypical females the show has portrayed. It's been pretty equal opportunity fun making all around in the show, but whatever.

I haven't watched the most recent episode but if something interesting doesn't happen soon, I'm out.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote