Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-03-2020, 01:25 AM   #391
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
The problem I have is that of the four new ones, she’s really the only one I love. I ‘like’ Maul, am weirded out by the Mary Poppins Emperor, and don’t feel like the cartoony Gen Kenobe fits with the rest.
I agree but I don't care about the line personally. I used to have all the mythos and some PFs and I'm selling everything, just keeping my Vader PF in the movie room, everything else is going.
But Asajj is fringe enough that she doesn't need to be with SW stuff. And if/when they make Ahsoka I'll probably get her too.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 02:22 AM   #392
Ralek
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
But Asajj is fringe enough that she doesn't need to be with SW stuff. And if/when they make Ahsoka I'll probably get her too.
I agree, it would make for a darn good standalone piece, esp. if you pair her up with the art print.

More importantly though, they gotta make an Ahsoka here, right? I mean, I continue to be flabbergasted by the fact, that we get everything from a dozen Vader pieces to generic Stromtroppers basically, but it took years for so much as a Hot Toys Ashoka, which in turn is barely based on the series that made her this popular in the first place. They just gotta make a Mythos statue for here now that she'll be in the Mandalorian.

My only concern is that they will make her older, old enough to match Ventress, maybe even kinda base her on Rosario Dawson. I might still really love the piece, but I would really appreciate and adore it, if they could stick closer to her younger Clone Wars roots.

Frankly, I can't quite grasped why Ahsoka was not the next piece in line, seeing as Obi-Wan and Darth Maul have already been extensively covered, and an Ahsoka partner piece would have made this Ventress irresistable too many folks like me.

Also, I'd be insane if they'd make a Bo-Katan Kryze piece to along with these two. Like boy oh boy ... :-)
Ralek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 01:00 AM   #393
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralek View Post
I agree, it would make for a darn good standalone piece, esp. if you pair her up with the art print.

More importantly though, they gotta make an Ahsoka here, right? I mean, I continue to be flabbergasted by the fact, that we get everything from a dozen Vader pieces to generic Stromtroppers basically, but it took years for so much as a Hot Toys Ashoka, which in turn is barely based on the series that made her this popular in the first place. They just gotta make a Mythos statue for here now that she'll be in the Mandalorian.

My only concern is that they will make her older, old enough to match Ventress, maybe even kinda base her on Rosario Dawson. I might still really love the piece, but I would really appreciate and adore it, if they could stick closer to her younger Clone Wars roots.

Frankly, I can't quite grasped why Ahsoka was not the next piece in line, seeing as Obi-Wan and Darth Maul have already been extensively covered, and an Ahsoka partner piece would have made this Ventress irresistable too many folks like me.

Also, I'd be insane if they'd make a Bo-Katan Kryze piece to along with these two. Like boy oh boy ... :-)
Yes younger Tano please! I would pass on a Tano based on the live actress. Just not my cup of green tea with no caffeine.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 03:24 AM   #394
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Yes younger Tano please! I would pass on a Tano based on the live actress. Just not my cup of green tea with no caffeine.
Either young (well seaons 4+ young) or Fulcrum I'd be in but yeah definitely based on the cartoon not live.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 07:20 PM   #395
riky
Mephisto

Is there any benefit to buy directly from Sideshow on this piece?
I do not believe there is an exclusive and Shipping from BBTS is $4. I assume SS shipping is significantly more.
riky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 07:27 PM   #396
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by riky View Post
I do not believe there is an exclusive and Shipping from BBTS is $4. I assume SS shipping is significantly more.
Correct. The only benefit would be if you wanted to use, or accrue, rewards points.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 07:29 PM   #397
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by riky View Post
Other than collecting SS rewards points, no.

BBTS usually ships later though, so if you are impatient watching everyone else gets theirs before you, that may be an issue for you.

I have no idea how BBTS handles replacements in case of damage either.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 07:35 PM   #398
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I have no idea how BBTS handles replacements in case of damage either.
That would be my main concern...Sideshow has always taken care of any issues...so along with the RPs, that peace of mind is worth it to me to buy from SS.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 10:45 PM   #399
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Man Sideshows shipping prices have been terrible lately. I'm on the east coast so BBTS might be an option. You're only clearing 30 bucks in points shipping to the east coast might be double that.
Commander0Zero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 02:22 PM   #400
Sithlord32
New Republic

Well arrival is looming. I’ll post pictures on arrival.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote