Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-09-2020, 11:43 AM   #21
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I'm getting burnt out on these events. It'd be different if they were each 3 days and crammed full of reveals, giveaways, etc., but most of the days are just filler with a (hopefully) a surprise here and there.
Exactly. Honestly I'm not even that excited for it anymore. They probably won't show anything new, I typically don't get the codes, and the non-statue items I could care less about.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 12:08 PM   #22
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

It's a non reveal event, there won't be anything new shown. At most you may see only 1 variant, but I don't even expect that.

Don't get your hopes up other than if you just like there video's/reward codes. Discounts that won't be any better than any other event.

The only event they will have that will be something big is 12 days, that's it.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 12:16 PM   #23
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
It's a non reveal event, there won't be anything new shown. At most you may see only 1 variant, but I don't even expect that.

Don't get your hopes up other than if you just like there video's/reward codes. Discounts that won't be any better than any other event.

The only event they will have that will be something big is 12 days, that's it.
I assume it will be another sale, a sale that offer's books, PCS pieces, and one or two other items.
Given the amount of book's in the Holiday Sale, i have come to the conclusion book's do not sell well.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 12:19 PM   #24
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I never get my hopes up with Sideshow anymore. This whole year has been one big disappointment after another.

Still waiting on Batman Who Laughs to get a blog and a pre-order.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 12:30 PM   #25
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I never get my hopes up with Sideshow anymore. This whole year has been one big disappointment after another.

Still waiting on Batman Who Laughs to get a blog and a pre-order.
2020 has been an odd year for Sideshow Collectibles.

As 2020 comes to a close, when i comes to Sideshow, the only new pieces i can think of are Superman and Black Canary. Also, there is the Tweeterhead/Sideshow Catwoman piece.

..what has Will Harbottle been up to?

I am not moaning too much, as i can think of atleast 4 pieces Sideshow have up for sale that i would not mind adding to my collection.
2020 has been a year of ponderings, for me atleast, and getting my bank balance into good shape
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 12:32 PM   #26
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
any free money is great if you have endless free time to catch them in the first 30 seconds, which I 9/10 times dont
Exactly. Great for those who have the time and congrats for catching the points. The last 4/5 times I was within the time limit for the code I got the message that the code reached its maximum already. Rather than code wait and rush, I’d rather spend my time making enough money that the freebies don’t even matter. So far, so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
You know what character always has juicy breasts and thighs? Storm. Perfect time for a reveal around Thanksgiving!
Couldn’t agree more. Would probably be 12 Days if anything at all though. Let’s not get our hopes up though. Don’t be surprised if it doesn’t happen this year at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I'm getting burnt out on these events. It'd be different if they were each 3 days and crammed full of reveals, giveaways, etc., but most of the days are just filler with a (hopefully) a surprise here and there.
I barely even noticed the last event. I’m not burnt out so much as I don’t even notice what’s going on and I’m on this forum frequently enough.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 02:43 PM   #27
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I'm just not fast enough for these codes. They only go to a few hardcore customers
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 03:05 PM   #28
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
I'm just not fast enough for these codes. They only go to a few hardcore customers
I've found the easiest way to get them is to keep the code page up on a browser either on a laptop or phone and as you get notified from the forum or a code group just enter it as soon as it hits.

Now you'll miss some if course but you'll probably get the majority.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 03:17 PM   #29
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Yep, keep two pages open and refresh SF when the event is going on. We're pretty good about knowing when. That's how I do it - my Sideshow account rewards page is up and then SF is up. Copy/paste.

I also think the odds have increased because they now funnel us all to one redemption page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Couldn’t agree more. Would probably be 12 Days if anything at all though. Let’s not get our hopes up though. Don’t be surprised if it doesn’t happen this year at all.
I'd take a sneak during Geeksgiving. I don't think that's too extreme.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 03:53 PM   #30
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

For the three events this year I probably scored around $50. That’s while waiting for reveals. I stopped paying attention during spook though. I get most of my points the old fashioned way, through purchases. Just scored a free Rambo figure.

Wake me up for 12 days.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote