Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 10-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #471
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
My 2 cents....

While the photo above is a cool Masculine Conan. I would say that Ken Kelly at times can Draw a more Feminine looking version. Kelly's art is 50/50 to me. Some of it great and some if awful.

This other photo you posted is more of an ambiguously gay Conan.

Funny I haven't seen too many "gay" and "feminine" looking men with that type of physique and in the company of such top tier naked women..Like loricstone, "Fisto" must be your ideal of a masculine and heterosexual looking guy...hey to each their own, bro
Hercules75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:44 PM   #472
nfactorial
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules75 View Post
Ok guys...target price for this dio is $1000 + shipping ...ARH has also decided you have to buy all 3 elements (Conan, girl and snake)..what do you think? Under these conditions I doubt they'll sell 10 of these much less 500 like they intended to
Someone on FB who pre-ordered mentioned that ARH said they were aiming for less than $1100 for the whole dio, and that you'd have the option of getting Conan with the girl OR the snake to lower the cost. Now I'm totally confused.
nfactorial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:45 PM   #473
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Bro don't try and put us down because of your femininity. It's OK. I don't judge anyone. But if you can't see what Jaws and I were referring to, then you just don't see it.

But please don't blast him, or myself because that's what we feel about SOME of the Ken Kelly Conan depictions.

NOT ALL BUT SOME! I have to use caps to hopefully let it sink in as to what I am referring to...whether you agree with it or not.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #474
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules75 View Post
Ok guys...target price for this dio is $1000 + shipping ...ARH has also decided you have to buy all 3 elements (Conan, girl and snake)..what do you think? Under these conditions I doubt they'll sell 10 of these much less 500 like they intended to
I think you seriously doubt what people can and can't do...rather, what they will or will not do.

Stop trying to be a Nostradamus and instead, just wait to see what happens.

In the end, you MAY be right....then again, you MAY be wrong. This is a wait and see. I think they will definitely sell more than 10 (I get the facetiousness of the 10 number).

500 might be tough to sell through. Only time will tell.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #475
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Bro don't try and put us down because of your femininity. It's OK. I don't judge anyone. But if you can't see what Jaws and I were referring to, then you just don't see it.

But please don't blast him, or myself because that's what we feel about SOME of the Ken Kelly Conan depictions.

NOT ALL BUT SOME! I have to use caps to hopefully let it sink in as to what I am referring to...whether you agree with it or not.
Actually I hope for your sake you are trolling...Sure I'll take advice on masculinity and heterosexuality from a "man" like you..who's fanatically obsessed with Fisto..

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I think you seriously doubt what people can and can't do...rather, what they will or will not do.

Stop trying to be a Nostradamus and instead, just wait to see what happens.

In the end, you MAY be right....then again, you MAY be wrong. This is a wait and see. I think they will definitely sell more than 10 (I get the facetiousness of the 10 number).

500 might be tough to sell through. Only time will tell.
OK now you're just arguing for the sake of arguing and being annoying and obnoxious..Shoo, go play with Fisto..Don't bother responding to my posts anymore
Old 10-11-2013, 07:57 PM   #476
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

MORE HQ PICS OF CONAN DIO

[IMG]

[IMG]
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
Old 10-11-2013, 08:32 PM   #477
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

yeah def like the expression Troy captured in his looks.
his face is really ugly and has that battle worn, ruff life look to his face.
bring the pain Conan.
it is petty cool piece. thought that the snake could have been done much better though. the woman isn't all that bad either.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #478
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #479
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Old 10-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #480
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

In person the dio is Huge and Impressive.

It measures 25" H x 29" D x 24" L but surprisingly Arahom says that the footprint is actually a little smaller then Medusa.
Medusa would fill the entire stand he has the dio displayed on whereas the dio fits with space around the circumference.

The Snake is big and the entire dio is dynamic. According to ARH the chain was added to the snake not artistically but logistically as it comes in and will be packed/shipped in several pieces and to hide the seams. The snake will be dirtied up a little. The slave girl will only have minor tweaks such as the face paint, eye color (green possibly), head tilt/angle (so her eye line is in the proper position with the snake) and the neck shortened. There will be no seam where the head meets the neck. The head angle issue arose as Troy sculpted the heads without the body or dio available so the proto was just stuck on in the rush to preview at the con.

The girl in no way looks as bad as the first pictures depicted her and her body and pose are quite acceptable as far as I am concerned. and does not take away from the impact of the dio.

I was not able to get pics of the third head as Troy has not completed it yet and the helmet head could not be placed on the body for pics because the other was not removable.

They have decided to make the small base available with Conan only. That smaller base will come with the two heads (Hair & Helm head) and two weapons shown (Axe & Sword) shipped in one box. The two head two weapon Conan will be offered only through ARH directly.

The dio base will come with the snake and the girl as well as the third head(headband)and weapon which will be just like the axe that Arnold used in the final scene of the first Conan movie and will be available directly from ARH and Sideshow and ship in a separate box.

What else SS will offer is undetermined as they are still negotiating and they are waiting to hear from them but at this moment I was told that the extras with the first pack(helmet & sword)are only available with an order directly through ARH. This leads me to believe that the sideshow edition 1st pack will not come with extra head and weapons but the snake base (2nd pack) from sideshow will be the same as ARH and include the extra head band head and extra axe but who knows what they will negotiate.

The interchangeable pieces have magnets and the chains on the girl and snake are metal.

Overall I think it is a dynamic, stunning and remarkable piece with or without the extras. To me it is a great representation of a hardened Conan in his later years after a lifetime of trials, battles and slaying.

Pack 1 from ARH will be Website EX includes 1/hair head, 1/axe hands, 1/helm head and 1/sword hands

Pack 1 from Sideshow or Diamond: 1/hair head and 1/axe hands.

Pack 2 from ARH, Sideshow or Diamond will be the same: Snake Base, Girl, 1/headband head and 1/variant axe hands.

BTW, all of the new pieces are incredible.