Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 01-07-2015, 03:10 PM   #31
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I'm glad that you like Hickman's Avengers but to many and myself it has been a mess. Remender's Uncanny Avengers turned into that toward the end and appears to continue with that tradition in the new volume. It's speculation is all. I have enjoyed Bendis on the X-men but I am one of the few that enjoyed his run on the Avengers titles as well.
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 03:47 PM   #32
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
Which franchise did Remender kill?

I really like Hickman's Avengers and Bendis' X-Men titles.
I like Avengers and New Avengers as well, Bendis' X-Men a little less, but I don't think it's bad.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 05:02 PM   #33
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal-el View Post
I'm glad that you like Hickman's Avengers but to many and myself it has been a mess. Remender's Uncanny Avengers turned into that toward the end and appears to continue with that tradition in the new volume. It's speculation is all. I have enjoyed Bendis on the X-men but I am one of the few that enjoyed his run on the Avengers titles as well.
I can understand the criticism of Remender's Uncanny Avengers--it wasn't my favorite towards the end either. I was questioning if that was the second franchise being referenced because I don't know what else he writes for Marvel.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 10:56 PM   #34
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Remender killed Avengers with his Uncanny title, which I also liked at the beginning, along with Hickman's work on Avengers. They both killed Avengers for me. The other franchise I meant was X-Men with Remender's treatment of them in Axix but he also killed Captain America, a character I've read almost continuously since Tales of Suspense, but dropped after Remender's first issue.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:01 PM   #35
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal-el View Post
Bendis' run on Avengers was incredibly popular just based on his sales figures. He had his detractors, for sure, but I loved the work he did on those titles, and he single handedly made them Marvel's top seller just as Claremont did for X-Men. And I also like the work he's doing on X-Men.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:38 AM   #36
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Agreed on Captain Amerca, he did kill that book as well.
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 12:14 PM   #37
Jack8022
Daredevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Remender killed Avengers with his Uncanny title, which I also liked at the beginning, along with Hickman's work on Avengers. They both killed Avengers for me. The other franchise I meant was X-Men with Remender's treatment of them in Axix but he also killed Captain America, a character I've read almost continuously since Tales of Suspense, but dropped after Remender's first issue.
Hickman's abysmal pacing and Thanos event pretty much put me off all the Avengers (and their team members) books. Thor's the only one I've stuck with (but it's days may be numbered if they drag on the new "Thor" too long). I hated dropping Captain America a few issues into Dimension-Z but I quickly soured on the storyline. Once I heard they killed off Sharon Carter, I haven't missed it since.

On the flip side of the coin, Bendis has me reading an X-Men title for the first time in years. At first I groaned over bringing the First Five forward in time, but I've liked what he's been doing with them.

I hope that Secret Wars turns out to be fun and the avengers books get relaunched with someone who remembers that comics are supposed to be fun and have action in them.
Jack8022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 03:14 PM   #38
Peter-Vell
a marvelite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Sorry WKTF, but I have to disagree.
To me Bendis ruined the Avengers.
He's the one who put Cage, Wolverine, Spidey & Daredevil in the team. I love (some of) these guys, but team-players?...Not really. Not even Wolvie.
Sure, it boosted the sales figures, but it wasn't any good for story-arc's (at leats for me). They seriously sucked. To me it felt as if he casually killed off just about everybody at one time or another, just to bring them back again for no reason.
And then he tried to do the same with Guardians o.t. Galaxy..."Hey, let's put Iron Man in the team! That'll make the book popular!"...Which it already was, thanks to D&A. Dumb-@$$...
No, Bendis ruined it for me. Period.
Peter-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:47 PM   #39
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Well, to each his own. We're all entitled to our likes and dislikes.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:39 PM   #40
ratchet
Mandarin

So overall - how did everyone enjoy Axis, now that it is over. I didn't read it but it spilled over to Nova with a out of control Doc Green - so I was curious if it's worth to go back and read the series?
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote