Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 10-10-2013, 12:30 AM   #401
SONICobra
Batman

seeing that picture reminds me of how ahead of their time McFarlane was, that company back in the day was revolutionary
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:49 AM   #402
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
seeing that picture reminds me of how ahead of their time McFarlane was, that company back in the day was revolutionary
I still own both volumes of McFarlane's Conan series I collected as a kid..my favorite piece being King Conan of Aquilonia..Its simply phenomenal..Look at Conan’s face..back in those days, very few toy companies had the talent to sculpt a face so full of emotion, or the skills to craft such masterpieces

Hercules75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:10 AM   #403
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules75 View Post
I still own both volumes of McFarlane's Conan series I collected as a kid..my favorite piece being King Conan of Aquilonia..Its simply phenomenal..Look at Conan’s face..back in those days, very few toy companies had the talent to sculpt a face so full of emotion, or the skills to craft such masterpieces

I was able to finally get this about 4 or 5 years ago. Fantastic piece. All are outstanding but this is my favorite.
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:15 AM   #404
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Maybe Mcfarlane should get into making Conan statues. Just like they started with WWE.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:51 AM   #405
evil_ken
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Conan looks Great, Girl not so much, Snake... somehow I'm expecting a Giant King Cobra
evil_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #406
MagnumOpus
A day without sunshine is like... night.

MagnumOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #407
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

I have to say I am truly disappointed in Troy's head sculpt..looks like a misshapen gorilla with la wig than Conan...what do you guys think? ARH missed the boat here...The body and attire (sculpted by Arahom) aren't that impressive either Arahom should let Alex Peirera craft all of ARH future sculpts..Minotor and Ares look phenomenal btw (both sculpted by Peirera)

Old 10-10-2013, 02:04 PM   #408
nfactorial
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules75 View Post
I have to say I am truly disappointed in Troy's head sculpt..looks like a misshapen gorilla with la wig than Conan...what do you guys think? ARH missed the boat here...The body and attire (sculpted by Arahom) aren't that impressive either Arahom should let Alex Peirera craft all of ARH future sculpts..Minotor and Ares look phenomenal btw (both sculpted by Peirera)

I'm surprised, but I'm not a fan of the Conan head sculpt either Herc. Although likening it to a gorilla's head w/ wig is a bit harsh I think, lol. I do like Troy's Conan portrait on the Fury of the Beast though. Can you post more pics?
nfactorial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #409
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfactorial View Post
I'm surprised, but I'm not a fan of the Conan head sculpt either Herc. Although likening it to a gorilla's head w/ wig is a bit harsh I think, lol. I do like Troy's Conan portrait on the Fury of the Beast though. Can you post more pics?
Again, truly disappointed with this piece overall..especially Troy's head sculpts for Conan and the girl...I wouldn't want this free much less pay 1K + for it...ARH other pieces though look nothing short of phenomenal rivaling anything produced by Sideshow

Old 10-10-2013, 02:20 PM   #410
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

Feast your eyes on ARH's latest masterpieces (minus the Conan dio)...Just WOW

[/QUOTE]