Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-06-2017, 09:07 AM   #511
FJC
Midnighter

I think the original skin color was perfect. No need for any changes.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:22 AM   #512
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Outside of those movies I don’t think African/African American brown skin Storm should ever be as light as interracial Halle Berry. My opinion. But fact is African and African American skin tones (Storm is both for anybody who didn’t know) widely vary. Maybe XM needs a bit more time to experiment with paints on that level.

One Google Image search of “Marvel Storm Jim Lee” shows that even from one single era Storm’s complexion changed wildly per colorist, just like any other character of color, or any other character, period.

Perhaps this Storm is a bit darker than Storm typically has appeared in the comics, but she has certainly appeared this dark in the comics and in licensed merchandise before, the proof is more than available.

Personally I would prefer just a tad lighter than their excellent T’Challa head (which is considerably darker than Sideshow’s T’Challa head). Reach a nice brown skin tone, not too red, definitely not too yellow. Storm isn’t light skinned but she is normally not very dark. Some middle ground will work well.
I wasn't saying to make her as light as halle but that previously at STGCC she was darker than halle from the xmen movies. Granted you do have people of african descent who are lighter than halle berry in tone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
You are all right, I was wrong, she is dramatically darker. I just wanted less red, not this.

Here, XM, here is a clear image of what skin color looks great for Ororo -- Angela Bassett.

We all agree that something isn't right here But you're right, she should not be as light as Halle. Which I don't think the statue was even in the beginning. I'm not sure how XM goes from using less red to this....
I wouldn't mind basset's skin tone, but it could be darker than that but not as dark as they've made it, its as northern said this is like 6 shades darker. I think SS nailed it.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:24 AM   #513
IXEC
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I think the original skin color was perfect. No need for any changes.
+1......
IXEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:41 AM   #514
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiegalactus View Post
I don't like this. I thought she was perfect before. So much so that I already preordered her. Wasn't cheap. Maybe it's my own fault for ordering before she was officially up but it's a bummer if they stick with the change.
too late to put on hold ?

WOW is that a 100% aggreement on original colors

and 100% no one will display the 2nd head ?

it's nice seeing them still searching the best
and let see the final result.
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:47 AM   #515
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I don't mind the 2nd head with the 2nd pair of arms (displayed on the last page or two).

My issue has become this - I wasn't thrilled with the white costume in the first place, but I kinda gave it a pass because of the silver parts on her torso and the fact that the pose, sculpt and portrait are so damn good. The original skin tone did look a bit red at first, but once I saw the Radd Titan and It's Sisko videos with better lighting, I loved it. However, now they've gone in and changed the skin so drastically, I'm having a hard time accepting it. It's now a situation of feeling (to me) like the whole statue (minus the base) will need to be completely repainted. So, you have the cost of the statue (around $780 USD) + another $200-300 for shipping + another $300-400 to have it re-painted to how it should have been painted in the first place.

I just don't know if I want to spend that kind of money.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:51 AM   #516
aa909
The Green Hornet

trying to catch up, so what's the controversy? they darkened her skin tone in this latest reveal?
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:06 AM   #517
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
trying to catch up, so what's the controversy? they darkened her skin tone in this latest reveal?
Yes, I and a few others thought it was perfect before, some thought it was too reddish, XM modified it, now i believe the majority(atleast here) think they've darkened it too much. What are your thoughts....

Heres sisko's video of how it originally looked.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzS2TwRfDmo
Old 10-06-2017, 10:16 AM   #518
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Great, so out fears are confirmed from someone who saw this version in person. I love how they show these statues, get everyone excited, then make tweaks that are usually horrible. Then XM fanatics claim nothing was changed.

At this point I'm starting to lose interest in anything XM does.
Thats the pro and con of XM, they listen to customers lol. I saw nothing but overwhelming positivity concerning the previous storm especially when videos surfaced.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:35 AM   #519
nearmint
Phoenix

Yep, the previous version was much better.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:10 AM   #520
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Thats the pro and con of XM, they listen to customers lol. I saw nothing but overwhelming positivity concerning the previous storm especially when videos surfaced.
But, do they really listen to customers in the general sense? Or, do they really only listen to a tiny subset of particular customers?
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote