Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-26-2010, 11:11 AM   #31
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
I enjoyed War Zone! Though Stevenson looked nothing like a Punisher, but he was pretty badass in the role. Quite convincing.

Jayne flick I wanted to forget.

They should do it right this time. Pick someone who looks nasty will ya!
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:02 PM   #32
Daredevil
Man Without Fear

I'd keep Stevenson and pit Punisher against the Daredevil in the future Marvel Studios movie.. when DD 's rights get returned to Marvel
Daredevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:12 PM   #33
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I just never got the reason for introducing comedy to both films. Ruined it for me. Much like Blade 3. Keep it dark, bloody and no nonsense HARD as NAILS and you cannot go wrong.
Totally agree. Great example with Blade Trinity too. That film sucked (no pun intended ) and killed the franchise.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:58 PM   #34
Fanboy
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
If it was up to me, I'd scrap the film ideas and push for a Punisher tv series, get the writers of The Wire to write some stuff, make it ultra violent, and deal with adult themes.
Absolutely great idea. They could almost do Ennis' entire run putting two story arcs in each season. Would work out well with a number of characters returning much later and having it all tie together season after season.

It's nice to dream though.
Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:06 AM   #35
Mad4Busts
Husband-Father-Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
The Jane Punisher was awful, a parody of the 60's era Punisher that didn't work. Setting him in Florida and having his whole family killed was ridiculous too.

The Stevenson Punisher started well, but then got so slapstick it was hilariously bad.

If it was up to me, I'd scrap the film ideas and push for a Punisher tv series, get the writers of The Wire to write some stuff, make it ultra violent, and deal with adult themes.
That is a great idea, however I still like Stevenson as the Punisher IN this series. Wow, just a good idea man. I would watch this faithfully. Especially if it was Showtime or HBO.
Mad4Busts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:17 PM   #36
protector2814
Phoenix

I thought Stevenson did a great job as Frank. He had the bulk, height and overall look. Hopefully, if its done, he'll get the role again. I think the Punisher in action parts of the movie were fine. What I didn't like were things like... the kid, I felt they handled the character of soup all wrong, microchip was done wrong, and the final showdown in the penthouse of the Bradstreet Hotel was too zany and unbelievable. For god's sake, just take a complete Ennis arc, like "In The Beginnig" and film it; Marvel couldn't go wrong if they went directly to the Ennis' source material.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:27 PM   #37
twoferflinchin
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daredevil View Post
I'd keep Stevenson and pit Punisher against the Daredevil in the future Marvel Studios movie.. when DD 's rights get returned to Marvel
I'd actually rather see Frank take on Bullseye in the next flick. And I think we could probably do better than Colin Farrell this time.
twoferflinchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:32 PM   #38
Primal
Batman

Stevenson's Punisher film (which I liked) was much better than Jane's.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:23 PM   #39
ROCK COLLECTOR
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

i think the thomas jane punisher movie was awesome.just wish they had jigsaw or the rose in it.and not that bullBad-Word-Bad-Word-Bad-Word-Bad-Word- jigsaw from warzone.i couldnt sit through that crappy movie
ROCK COLLECTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:52 PM   #40
Reme Lebeau
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCK COLLECTOR View Post
i think the thomas jane punisher movie was awesome.just wish they had jigsaw or the rose in it.and not that bullBad-Word-Bad-Word-Bad-Word-Bad-Word- jigsaw from warzone.i couldnt sit through that crappy movie
Finally somebody on my same wavelength. I don't think I sat through the 2nd one, but I've seen the Jane one twice and would see it again.

BTW, speaking of Thomas Jane, if you haven't checked out "The Mist", you're missing out on AWESOME!
Reme Lebeau is offline   Reply With Quote