Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-09-2019, 09:05 AM   #3461
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Has anyone noticed sideshow doesnt seem to be offering 10% off originals anymore? When I pre ordered Gallevarbe it said I would get a 10% coupon code, but after the website fix or whatever I received Gallevarbe and did not get the coupon, this was really helpful on the super expensive items, they better lower the prices from the start on these pieces because I'm seeing almost ever COTD piece on ebay minus one or 2 for nearly half or more off, it worries me that people are bailing on this line because the prices are so high and the resale is not good at all, I want this line to continue, it's by far my favorite, not even close, but I believe a lot of people are deciding to get out now and not spend 7 8 or 9 hundred dollars for statues that will not even sell for half, there is a shard on ebay now $181 a couple of Cleopsis for under $200 a Demithyle sold last week for $400, a Death for $350 starting bid, I dont mind paying a honest price for these awesome statues, but i hope they realize they could kill there own line if the prices keep going up every 6 months and then on top of that not even offering loyal buyers a 10% discount
Atlantisatdawn outside of Sideshow collectors and people on the forums, no one really knows about this COTD stuff. They started out as a labor of love for the sculptors, but now they look like any character in a video game. You have to buy these for the love of the artistry, because these will not hold the value you place on them.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 01:45 PM   #3462
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

That's exactly my point, its a limited fan base with a small chance of any resale value, that's why sideshow should not keep raising prices and not stop offering discounts to its loyal fans, and the statues look great, I could care less if video games have similar looking characters
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 02:19 PM   #3463
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
That's exactly my point, its a limited fan base with a small chance of any resale value, that's why sideshow should not keep raising prices and not stop offering discounts to its loyal fans, and the statues look great, I could care less if video games have similar looking characters
But unfortunately that is not what you said in the Poxxil thread when I commented about the price for him being too high.

Quote:
Hey Mark you are the best, even if it's a little pricey I'm preordering it tonight when I get home from work, it's just to cool not to, but Mark please tell Tom to release Shard Faith Bearers Fury, I dont care if it's a $1000 dollars I would buy it
Old 04-09-2019, 03:37 PM   #3464
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
But unfortunately that is not what you said in the Poxxil thread when I commented about the price for him being too high.
Ok so your such a loser you look up old post? Well loser in that post I didnt say anything about I hope they raise prices or stop giving discounts, I said I ordered Poxxil even though it was expensive and I said I personally love shard so much I would pay anything for that piece, do you understand that if sideshow keeps raising prices on a new not so popular line and only people like me buy them they will quit making them, cause thru are not gonna make these pieces if they only sell 50 or a 100 of them, do you understand my point? Probably not and I really dont care, answer back with some stupid comment, I promise you I wont read it
Old 04-09-2019, 04:12 PM   #3465
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Ok so your such a loser you look up old post? Well loser in that post I didnt say anything about I hope they raise prices or stop giving discounts, I said I ordered Poxxil even though it was expensive and I said I personally love shard so much I would pay anything for that piece, do you understand that if sideshow keeps raising prices on a new not so popular line and only people like me buy them they will quit making them, cause thru are not gonna make these pieces if they only sell 50 or a 100 of them, do you understand my point? Probably not and I really dont care, answer back with some stupid comment, I promise you I wont read it
Atlantisatdawn I can see this is a knee jerk reaction. I do understand what you meant, which was the point I was trying to make to Igo at the time that you interjected and dismissed my comment. And I didn't have to research it because it stuck out in my mind. I remember random things, that's why my boss keeps me around. Realistically though you can't say you'd pay $1000 for Shard and when they price things higher and people stop buying them, those of us that would like to see the line continue are out of luck.
Old 04-09-2019, 04:19 PM   #3466
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:58 AM   #3467
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post

Gonna film the review tonight and will link it tomorrow if all goes well. Theres a tone of detail on the stands too, so i'll break them down and show them off more on video.
Been debating about these mask. Anyone has these think it’s worth $150?
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 08:59 AM   #3468
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Atlantisatdawn I can see this is a knee jerk reaction. I do understand what you meant, which was the point I was trying to make to Igo at the time that you interjected and dismissed my comment. And I didn't have to research it because it stuck out in my mind. I remember random things, that's why my boss keeps me around. Realistically though you can't say you'd pay $1000 for Shard and when they price things higher and people stop buying them, those of us that would like to see the line continue are out of luck.
Ok sorry for my hateful post, but dont put me on trial for my comments, I certainly didnt dismiss your concerns with prices, I only dismissed that you thought the characters all looked like video game figures, I agree with most people on this forum about pricing concerns, I ordered Poxxil with a 10% discount code, and my Shard comment was simply a way of expressing how much I love that piece and hoping Tom or somebody from the COTD team reads these comments, I probably would overpay for it and Relic Ravlatch a little cause those were my two favorites, but I would be much happier paying around the same as the first Shard, and I like you want the line to continue, so sorry for my hateful post, but I think I actually agree with you for the most part
Old 04-13-2019, 09:16 AM   #3469
Maldis
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I have and love the mask set. They add a lot of character to the Death premium format.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2172.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	345.4 KB
ID:	122681  
Maldis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 09:41 AM   #3470
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I used a $50 off code and with shipping and customs it worked out about £150 ($195) for me and i was happy for that price.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote