Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-23-2015, 05:46 PM   #21
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Ya this is a HUGE miss. To be honest I don't even like how they have been doing the concept designes (different from previous xm statues)......the others are interesting but I feel this one is a dud.

The batman looks really cool, but I think attempting to fire off every single dc character in an Asian theme in the matter of a few months is a huge mistake.....

Plus will there be a normal dc line also? I can't do 20k in Asian themed dc characters then 20k in normal ones next year
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 05:56 PM   #22
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synzaic View Post
Ya this is a HUGE miss. To be honest I don't even like how they have been doing the concept designes (different from previous xm statues)......the others are interesting but I feel this one is a dud.

The batman looks really cool, but I think attempting to fire off every single dc character in an Asian theme in the matter of a few months is a huge mistake.....

Plus will there be a normal dc line also? I can't do 20k in Asian themed dc characters then 20k in normal ones next year
you guys need to read. there is NO normal license. DC told XM to do something new and different. that is what they are doing. maybe down the road this will lead to a full license. but right this is what it is. i think all the concepts are amazing for the market that they sell in............which hold on.........wait for it.............isnt AMERICA! lol
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 06:02 PM   #23
dechirico7
The Flash

None of these are for me.
I don't even know who would like these....
If they do like them overseas, they can keep them.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 06:51 PM   #24
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

The schoolgirl theme is a good fit. The mallet isn't needed. It's obviously Harley with or without it. Ideas to replace it with; An electric guitar, shinai or baseball bat. They're all synonymous with highschool Anime.

I think all these ideas would work better if XM went one step further and gave them Asian faces.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:48 PM   #25
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
The schoolgirl theme is a good fit. The mallet isn't needed. It's obviously Harley with or without it. Ideas to replace it with; An electric guitar, shinai or baseball bat. They're all synonymous with highschool Anime.

I think all these ideas would work better if XM went one step further and gave them Asian faces.
No to Asian faces...
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:52 PM   #26
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali604 View Post
No to Asian faces...
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:01 PM   #27
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverine View Post
I can never win ! One day Grumpybear I will post before you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
Good luck!
Silverine just give up now. You'll never beat GrumpyBear to win thread credit. This is who you're up against:

And this is Burning Rage over on the Sidshow board:

These two have unmatched thread credit talent.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:05 PM   #28
Peedi
The Secret Six

I was put off by this at first but I think the school girl look fits. Since every character represents a different Asian inspired look I'm not sure what would've fit Harley better. I think people are thrown off by the color choices. If she was overall more red/blue or red/black people would accept this better.

Batman is still the best though.

Maybe it would've been interesting if instead of different Asian styled Batman characters this was instead a JL series in Asian warlord looks like Batman, each armored design tailored to fit the different JL members. Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Green Lantern and Aquaman especially would've lent well to accompanying this look with XM Batman.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:33 PM   #29
Freak_Zombie
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I love it! But I concur, a baseball (maybe with spikes?) would suit her more just cause it's more prominent in Japan to wield that as a weapon.
Freak_Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:26 PM   #30
Comicbookguy
Hercules

wow! This looks awesome! The faces are new and fits her very well!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote