Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-24-2019, 10:16 PM   #3941
unique crysis
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
Nice....got the blue one too?
no unfortunately I dont I'm on the waitlist for the ex but I doubt it will convert :/
unique crysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 03:22 PM   #3942
NoReasonCowboy
Doh!

So my waitlist converted on the Ex last night, but when I went to buy I received a message saying that the item couldn’t be purchased. I spoke with Sideshow, and was told that the reason I was having trouble was that the item had already been sold. The rep indicated that they have a new waitlist process, whereby Sideshow will send a conversion offer for a single item to multiple people on a first-come-first-served basis. If you click through first, item is yours. If you aren’t the first to purchase, however, they put you back on the waitlist at the very bottom.

I've bought a few items off of the waitlist over the years, and hadn't seen this before. Perhaps this has already been raised / is now common knowledge here, but I thought it might be worth sharing for the benefit of others waiting for a conversion-- act immediately, or effectively be taken off the list.
NoReasonCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 04:39 PM   #3943
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoReasonCowboy View Post
So my waitlist converted on the Ex last night, but when I went to buy I received a message saying that the item couldn’t be purchased. I spoke with Sideshow, and was told that the reason I was having trouble was that the item had already been sold. The rep indicated that they have a new waitlist process, whereby Sideshow will send a conversion offer for a single item to multiple people on a first-come-first-served basis. If you click through first, item is yours. If you aren’t the first to purchase, however, they put you back on the waitlist at the very bottom.

I've bought a few items off of the waitlist over the years, and hadn't seen this before. Perhaps this has already been raised / is now common knowledge here, but I thought it might be worth sharing for the benefit of others waiting for a conversion-- act immediately, or effectively be taken off the list.
First time i heard of this....makes sense for business though.... unlike before where they give what 1 week?
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 04:55 PM   #3944
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:

Sorry this happened to you, that's rough.

I doubt I'll get a shot, but if I do good to know immediately respond.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 04:59 PM   #3945
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
That’s a terrible policy. So if you happen to be in traffic, or in a meeting when the email arrives, you’re suddenly on the bottom of the list?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 05:09 PM   #3946
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
That’s a terrible policy. So if you happen to be in traffic, or in a meeting when the email arrives, you’re suddenly on the bottom of the list?
I could understand 24 hour window to move it along, but if it is a race someone is missing out entirely by chance of that particular minute of the day being an issue.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 05:17 PM   #3947
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I could understand 24 hour window to move it along, but if it is a race someone is missing out entirely by chance of that particular minute of the day being an issue.
Yeah, I just got a WL conversion on Thanos Collectors Edition, but there is wording on there to that effect. I am not going to be spending an extra $1300 this month on that, so I guess someone else will get it regardless. But it really is a strange way to do it.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 05:22 PM   #3948
NoReasonCowboy
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
First time i heard of this....makes sense for business though.... unlike before where they give what 1 week?
Technically, I guess you still have 1 week— my e-mail says as much and I can see the “add to cart” button— but apparently only to the extent that someone doesn’t buy it first.

Quote:
Yea, seems a bit odd. I tried to buy maybe 2 mins after I got the e-mail, but still not quick enough. I plan to call again to confirm with someone different that it’s their new general policy going forward. Hopefully the rep was mistaken, but they did seem to take their time trying to confirm the first time I called.
NoReasonCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 07:07 PM   #3949
D-ten
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Totally agreed. I would ask what is the point of going on the waitlist at all in that case if it is really just a game of chance.
D-ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 07:33 PM   #3950
Featherfootdave
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ten View Post
Totally agreed. I would ask what is the point of going on the waitlist at all in that case if it is really just a game of chance.
Agreed - Not liking this trend at all.

Already have to jump in order to get small dollar codes (why I'm wasting my valuable time on this in the first place, a great question actually).

Then being thrown on the clock against other collectors on waitlist items, with your reward for months of patience being kicked to the curb if you aren't monitoring your email 24/7?

Certainly don't need this hobby to add more stress to my life...
Featherfootdave is offline   Reply With Quote