Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-10-2008, 01:26 PM   #41
madjazz
Defender of The Defenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
It wasnt a movie, more like a 2-3 part episode you would see when it was on the air.

Don't get me wrong it was good and fun too see, but after i walked out of the movies. i just couldn't fathom the idea of paying $10.50 to see it. Honestly wait for it to be cheap DVD or on demand for $3.99.

But if you like monster type stuff, then its a great flick. I was more into the government cover ups and alien stuff for X-files.
I got free passes to see a sneak peek of this when it came out. I was so glad I did not spend money. I could not agree with your assessment more.

It is good fun, but watch this one when it comes out on STARZ or when it hits the cheap bins. And it will hit the cheap bins for sure.

I did enjoy the movie and think it is a better ending for the franchise than the last episode of the series.
madjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:30 PM   #42
MiamiLoco
BD is the best (and I'm not talkin' about Bowen Designs)!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning_Glory View Post
i liked it, but i agree with whoever said it was more like a long episode than a movie. Billy Connolly (sp?) was very good in it. and he didn't die until most of the way through! woo!
ps: David Duchovny with a beard = too weird for me
Wow, thanks for the spoiler
MiamiLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 03:25 PM   #43
Morning_Glory
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Billy Connolly dying in a movie is hardly a spoiler, is it?
Morning_Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:21 AM   #44
Tattoo-S
Mrs. Wookie~'Venger's Girl~GORE Princess~Silly Sister~Beast Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderV3 View Post
Rented this the other day and liked it a lot.
Have to agree the story is out of expectation but overall an enjoyable movie.

At least it was worth the rent price.
I think part of the issue with the movie is that is was rather lackluster in true "X-Files" nature. It was more of that "Shipper" mantality which was overshadowed by CCs efforts to tie the relationship up in virtually every aspect. I have to admit that when I saw the book on the nightstand, I was pretty sure I was going to see the think I could have lived without (the sexual relationship) Part of what made Mulder and Scully work was a huge attration frustation theme to their partnership. I thought the whole concept of Scully's faith throughout the movie was fantastic, it really gave spotlight to something that was basically understated in the series. Also, Mulders need to get out of his own shadow, and do some (real) FBI work was a huge plus for me as well. Finally I wish the movie would have gone with some other subject matter, while I can appreciate the humor throughout, I wish it would have been about something more urban legend(ish) and less about real life fear inspiring subjects. I must say it was pretty awesome to see Scully actually come to FMs rescue for once instead of playing the frail "little woman"! What do I know, I am just a fan......
Tattoo-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:25 AM   #45
Tattoo-S
Mrs. Wookie~'Venger's Girl~GORE Princess~Silly Sister~Beast Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossa2 View Post

*BIG* disappointment. This from a guy who was a *HUGE* fan of the show during it's 9 year run & collected mucho merchandise during that time. They had over 5 years to come up with a *GREAT* story & the best they could do was a psychotic pedophilic serial killer priest?!?

What does collecting mucho merchandise have to do with the a good story line/movie? I admit to some disappointment, but over all it was a decent film. I think perhaps you concentrated on the Priest a bit too much
Tattoo-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:37 AM   #46
Tattoo-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo-S View Post
What does collecting mucho merchandise have to do with the a good story line/movie? I admit to some disappointment, but over all it was a decent film. I think perhaps you concentrated on the Priest a bit too much
I wonder what he considers "mucho merchandise?"
Old 12-11-2008, 10:52 PM   #47
fossa2
Like a Phoenix...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
In all fairness they did state that they didnt want to make a mythos Xfiles.

I knew that.

They wanted a self contained movie, which they sure in hell did.

Knew that too. Just thought they could have done a lot better with the story line/subject matter.

X-files is a thing of the past and doubt they could make a great movie off it anymore now-a-days.

Don't agree with this at all. The X-Files was "cutting edge" as far as pushing the envelope on the then current scientific knowledge without being totally unbelievable & there's no reason for them not to be able to come up with great stories now.
fossa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:55 PM   #48
Tattoo-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossa2 View Post
That's so true.