Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-30-2009, 05:47 PM   #1
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Supernatural Season 5 - Losing Interest Fast

We just started season 5 of Supernatural here in Oz, and I'm really losing interest in this show. I used to absolutely love it, especially the earlier seasons where they would run into a different kind of nasty every week. Now I'm struggling to maintain any interest with this ongoing Sam & his demon powers, Lilith and the final seal, angels V demons, blah, blah, blah.

I want a return to the good old days, when the boys kicked some different monster @ss every week !!
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:54 PM   #2
patrickwm68
The Flash

I don't mind the ongoing demon vs angel armageddon storyline but I do enjoy the non related self contained episodes better.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:20 PM   #3
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

I can't wait for it to come back on in January!

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:42 PM   #4
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
I can't wait for it to come back on in January!
Is it repeats until then? Dang, that sucks.

I have been enjoying this season, I kinda like how it has gotten critical for the brothers to work together.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:57 PM   #5
whd
Suicide Squad

I've been really enjoying this season. It's the only show I watch on the CW. I do miss how terrifying the angels were supposed to be in the beginning of last season, but they've done a good job in building Lucifer up as the ultimate villain.
whd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:11 AM   #6
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Personally I find the episodes that aren't dealing with the core armageddon storyline to be the weakest ones, and the whole armageddon plotline has been building since season one, and has always been where the show was going, as it was always mapped out as being a five season show with a solid throughline. If you ask me the show has gotten better and stronger every season, precisely because of how much story and mythology they have built up by this point. Though I do think they have had maybe a couple too many comedic episodes too close together this year, even if they have been entertaining.
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:42 AM   #7
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer! View Post
Personally I find the episodes that aren't dealing with the core armageddon storyline to be the weakest ones, and the whole armageddon plotline has been building since season one, and has always been where the show was going, as it was always mapped out as being a five season show with a solid throughline. If you ask me the show has gotten better and stronger every season, precisely because of how much story and mythology they have built up by this point. Though I do think they have had maybe a couple too many comedic episodes too close together this year, even if they have been entertaining.
Understand the plot-line has been there and building from the get go, but I'm just finding it really difficult to stay interested. For me, one of the greatest things about this show was that each episode introduced us to a different creature & it's back story. I was always excited to see what beastie they came up against next. All of the angels & demons episodes are all just too samey for me . . . how many hot chicks with black eyes will they do battle with?

Having said all of that, I have one other quick question that just occured to me, and is something my wife and I have always wondered about. Why is it, that in every hotel room the brothers stay in, there is one of those small floor to ceiling room partitions. They were always in different positions and with different patterns / structure, but they were always there. Was it an in joke of some kind, or did their set designer just have thing for them ?
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 05:05 PM   #8
endsongjen
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

ugh i gotta catch up!!
endsongjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:32 PM   #9
spider-man
Knife to the Eye

I've liked this season so far. According to the creator the series is getting more popular as years go on a opposed to getting less popular which is weird for a series.
spider-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:27 AM   #10
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Everyone remember it started back up again last night?
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote