Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-16-2017, 08:35 PM   #4471
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Flight View Post
So how can Zeku change his age at will? Bit confused as to what the official story is on that....
He uses a special jutsu to reverse his aging.

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/promotion/zku
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 08:46 PM   #4472
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
It seems as though he IS Strider. Strider Zeku! Pretty amazing if you ask me!
Haha...still think he is A Strider, but not Hiryu. The timeline is still a bit wonky. Strider takes place in the future...Street Fighter takes place now, with Zeku's default (old) appearance...but his younger self (from the past, obviously) looks like Strider...but people are trying to link Zeku to founding the Striders...in the future...
Old 10-25-2017, 05:34 PM   #4473
joyfi2
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hello, I was looking at the 1/3 statues for the Street Fighter line and was wondering if the characters are all going match one another in terms of being from the same generation or installment of the game.

For instance, the Ryu 1/3 shows the SF 5 logo on it, while the Sagat statue shows the classic SF logo. I know Jerry also intends to make Vega, Cammy, Bison and Ken for sure, since they were all on his short list, but are all these characters going to have costumes from different games?

I really wanted to display Ryu and Ken together as brothers but they're not going to have costumes from the same generation of SF?
joyfi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 05:51 PM   #4474
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Well I think they're kind of mixed really like Akuma and then you have the more classic looking Ryu and the bearded from SFV so I'd guess they might do the same with Ken.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 06:25 PM   #4475
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

IF Jerry continues to sculpt the 1:3s himself, they'll most likely continue with his vision of each character's anatomy. So you're left with the portrait and costumes.

Having access to SFV files makes printing out portraits easy, so they may continue to default to that. I don't think that's guaranteed though.

And the costumes are down to what Jerry & co. like. Chun had a SFV dress, and an Alpha throwback. Sagat had an alt from an anime. So anything goes really.

Basically, the 1:3 line is the one with the most artistic leeway, I believe.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:32 PM   #4476
joyfi2

Ah ok, thank you both for the info.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:32 PM   #4477
joyfi2

I just hope that one of the variants for Ken 1/3 will have him wearing his classic red gi. I'm not sure how others felt about his default costume in SF5 but I didn't really care that much for his skin-tight black Under Armour shirt he wears.

Sorta hoping if Jerry decides to go with Ken's SF5 costume, he also includes a variant that has Ken in his full gi.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:17 PM   #4478
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Just my opinion, but, I think Ken's classic gi would be a given.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:18 PM   #4479
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfi2 View Post
I just hope that one of the variants for Ken 1/3 will have him wearing his classic red gi. I'm not sure how others felt about his default costume in SF5 but I didn't really care that much for his skin-tight black Under Armour shirt he wears.

Sorta hoping if Jerry decides to go with Ken's SF5 costume, he also includes a variant that has Ken in his full gi.
I imagine that classic red gi Ken would be made when it's his turn in some form. A little hard to imagine an evolution set without one.

I'm on the other side of the fence as i really like what they did with Kens look in sf5.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 04:46 PM   #4480
Alpha_Flight
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife87 View Post
I imagine that classic red gi Ken would be made when it's his turn in some form. A little hard to imagine an evolution set without one.

I'm on the other side of the fence as i really like what they did with Kens look in sf5.
Minus his face.....
Alpha_Flight is offline   Reply With Quote