Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 01-04-2016, 01:35 AM   #1
prescribeddrone
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Hot Toys DEADPOOL

From Hot Toys Facebook

“Wait ‘til you get a load of me.”

Marvel’s most unconventional superhero, Deadpool, will finally hit the silver screen in full glory with his over-the-top personality, dark twisted sense of humor, and tendency to break the fourth wall which fans have always loved! Today, Hot Toys is very excited to officially introduce the one and only 1/6th scale Deadpool collectible figure based on the upcoming Deadpool Movie!
In this new film, the origin story of former Special Forces operative turned mercenary Wade Wilson will be unfolded, who after being subjected to a rogue experiment that leaves him with accelerated healing powers, adopts the alter ego Deadpool. Armed with his new abilities and a dark, twisted sense of humor, Deadpool hunts down the man who nearly destroyed his life.
The movie-accurate collectible figure is specially crafted based on the image of Deadpool from the film. It features a newly developed masked head sculpt with 5 pairs of interchangeable eye pieces to create numerous combinations of Deadpool’s expressions, newly developed body, meticulously tailored Deadpool suit with weathering effects, Deadpool’s signature katanas and pistols, variety of interchangeable hands with gestures, and a specially designed Deadpool themed dynamic figure stand perfect for aerial poses.
You just can’t pass up on this opportunity to add the beloved Merc with a Mouth to your collection and witness the beginning of a happy ending."

Now I'm not normally a Hot Toys guy, only had that first version of TDK Joker HT that I got for like $70 on Amazon a few years after it came out, but it fell and broke and it surprisingly sold for like $90 with a broken leg..

But being a huge Deadpool fan for awhile now, I must try to get this!
prescribeddrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:12 PM   #2
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I'm suprised Marvel (aka Disney) approved this. Lately they have been approving very few Fox licensed items.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:39 PM   #3
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Of course it comes out after I get the Sideshow version. Looks great though. I think there's going to be a licensing agreement between Marvel and Fox before long (hopefully involving reverting the FF back to Marvel). Will be nice to see X-Men movie figures from Hot Toys beyond Wolverine.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 09:24 PM   #4
SONICobra
Batman

one of the best hot toys ive seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I'm suprised Marvel (aka Disney) approved this. Lately they have been approving very few Fox licensed items.
best guess is hes such a cash cow for the comic end of marvel that they don't care, same reason they let feige co-produce it
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 11:29 PM   #5
jedi_don

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
one of the best hot toys ive seen

best guess is hes such a cash cow for the comic end of marvel that they don't care, same reason they let feige co-produce it
From w I read, Feige is not co-producing Deadpool. That was just an unconfirmed rumor. Feige is co-producing on the Sony Spider-mam movies but there hasn't been any news that Fox a made a similar deal.
Old 01-05-2016, 12:50 AM   #6
SONICobra
Batman

huh hadn't heard it was a rumor, doesn't surprise me though I always found it hard to believe given the bad blood between fox and disney
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:31 PM   #7
jedi_don

I wonder hard/easy it will be to replace the figure's eyes. Those pieces are going to be small. The texture on the mask looks amazing. It guess this is from a digital print?
Old 01-05-2016, 09:45 PM   #8
prescribeddrone

TBH I don't I think I wanna mess with the eyes, I'm afraid of opening the face wrong or putting them too loose or losing them.

Unless I plan on doing ACBA pics, his eyes are good by default.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:10 PM   #9
prescribeddrone

UP FOR PRE-ORDER ON BBTS!

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...68&mode=retail
Old 02-01-2016, 11:49 PM   #10
jedi_don

I just might have to order Deadpool.