Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-14-2007, 02:16 PM   #11
Elia Cid
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

numbered certificate

Hi,
Here is what the numbered certificate of authenticity and singed plate will look like, that comes with each statue!

Thanks,
Alex (Trismegistus)

Frank Frazetta's "Dark Kingdom"

Elia Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:42 PM   #12
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Got my Dark Kingdom back from Frank Jr. today, I guess its better than it was, but not a lot. It still has bare resin in a couple spots, the boots were just painted black at the bottom, the skin bleeds on to the axe handle, and apparently the cape was just painted black (inside and out). Additionally I was sent a different # outer box than the statue, the outer box was stapled shut with big copper staples that gouged holes in the collectors box. I know he was swamped and burned out, but this is still a huge disappointment to me. Any of you talented painters out there want to tackle this? PM me with prices and any examples of your work. Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image0006.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	32305   Click image for larger version

Name:	image0007.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	32306   Click image for larger version

Name:	image0009.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	32307   Click image for larger version

Name:	image0011.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	32308  
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:07 PM   #13
Babytoxie
Ghost

Yikes! Man, I feel for you guys...
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:24 PM   #14
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Got my Dark Kingdom back from Frank Jr. today, I guess its better than it was, but not a lot. It still has bare resin in a couple spots, the boots were just painted black at the bottom, the skin bleeds on to the axe handle, and apparently the cape was just painted black (inside and out). Additionally I was sent a different # outer box than the statue, the outer box was stapled shut with big copper staples that gouged holes in the collectors box. I know he was swamped and burned out, but this is still a huge disappointment to me. Any of you talented painters out there want to tackle this? PM me with prices and any examples of your work. Thanks in advance
I think it looks worse if thats possible.That is a huge dissapointment.i dont know how he had the heart to mail that out to you.I would have been super pissed!
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:47 PM   #15
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
I think it looks worse if thats possible.That is a huge dissapointment.i dont know how he had the heart to mail that out to you.I would have been super pissed!
Yeah, I guess I expected more, especially since he recalled them because of the bad paint. This is one of those rare occasions that it actually looks better in the photos than it does in person. Without the flash the eyes look like dead fish eyes or like he has gloucoma or something. I sent it back to him in Feb and he must have just finished recently and stuck it in the styrofoam still wet, the black from the cape also ran onto the styrofoam. I know he had a lot of them to do and he got burned out, but still............

I do want to take the time here though to say that I in no way want this to deter anyone from dealing with Alex and the remaining statues that he has left. He is offering them at a much lower cost than I paid and the reason I got it in the first place is that it is based on one of Frank Frazetta's best and most popular paintings. If you want a factory one at the lower cost or want one to paint yourself, Alex is a great guy and you shouldn't hesitate to get one if you want one.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:41 PM   #16
MinisterOfFire
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Wow...I feel for you...what a disapointment. Not a good repaint...and the time you spent waiting for it...ouch! I am a big fan of the Frazetta group and have spent a good dime on their merch, but this is not cool IMO. *thumbs down*
MinisterOfFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:13 PM   #17
High Lord Apocalypse
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

thats horrible. think jr. needs to seriously step up his game so his fathers hard earned name doesn't get tarnished.

i've heard complaints like this, people waiting for extremely long periods of time to get stuff, etc on numerous occasions.

can't believe JR. thinks he can get away with stuff like this just cause of the frazetta name.
High Lord Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:49 PM   #18
Who's who
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

The sculpt is great
The paint job needs a major over haul.
Use Easy-off oven cleaner spray it completely wrap it in a plastic bag for a few hours .....then wash it off and have one of these talented painters from this forum to take on the job.......good luck.
Who's who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:32 PM   #19
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who's who View Post
The sculpt is great
The paint job needs a major over haul.
Use Easy-off oven cleaner spray it completely wrap it in a plastic bag for a few hours .....then wash it off and have one of these talented painters from this forum to take on the job.......good luck.
I'm being serious here because I really don't know. Will this just take the paint off and leave my statue in tact, or is there a chance if I leave it on too long it will melt my statue as well?
Old 08-23-2007, 11:39 PM   #20
High Lord Apocalypse
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I'm being serious here because I really don't know. Will this just take the paint off and leave my statue in tact, or is there a chance if I leave it on too long it will melt my statue as well?
it depends on the quality of the resin. if they used real cheap resin some of those cleaners can melt/mush up surface details. even though JR screwed up the paintjob, i don't think their resin would be of cheap quality.
if you send it out to saul or danno or rickdtm or phil etc... i'm sure they'll know thier way around it.
High Lord Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote