Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 08-16-2021, 11:37 AM   #21
deadpoolredsuit
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman4ever View Post
The worst version of the Joker...I am actually surprised this crap Leto Joker would even be produced. Goddamn, I hate Leto Joker.
harsh
deadpoolredsuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 02:33 PM   #22
B_dub345
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
I'm genuinely surprised that weird Leto Joker is still breathing. I wouldn't even litter in that Batman's Gotham City.
Haha yeah well he did lose all his teeth from getting punched in the face by batfleck (and replaced them with a metal grill), hopefully that's in the Ayer cut whenever that comes out. It is a good point though, if batman was willing to kill superman, but not the Joker, really speaks to the mental instability of the man behind the cowl.
B_dub345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 03:49 PM   #23
T1OOO
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_dub345 View Post
Haha yeah well he did lose all his teeth from getting punched in the face by batfleck (and replaced them with a metal grill), hopefully that's in the Ayer cut whenever that comes out. It is a good point though, if batman was willing to kill superman, but not the Joker, really speaks to the mental instability of the man behind the cowl.
I thought Leto in ZSJL was great and I too hope we get to see a superior version in the Ayer Cut.

I think because Joker killed Robin well before the Black Zero Event, before Batman had completely lost his way the Joker got to live minus a huge tooth smashing
T1OOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 04:04 PM   #24
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_dub345 View Post
The whole idea that Joker still lives in Batfleck's universe made no sense to me after Snyder said that Batman does indeed kill. It's even driven home in this Snyder Cut scene that Batman wouldn't hesitate for a second to kill him. So... why exactly is he alive after all these years? Seems like he needs him for whatever reason in the post-Darkseid world, but after Joker killed Robin, you think Batman would just have ended him.

To the statue at hand though, I'm still very thrown off by the proportions. I know he's pushing his waist forward, and that his clothing makes his legs shorter, but it still appears like he's got a giant head, or very short limbs. Something does not feel right here, and I'm hoping it looks better in person than in a flat photo.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 04:20 AM   #25
T1OOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gra007 View Post
The whole idea that Joker still lives in Batfleck's universe made no sense to me after Snyder said that Batman does indeed kill. It's even driven home in this Snyder Cut scene that Batman wouldn't hesitate for a second to kill him. So... why exactly is he alive after all these years? Seems like he needs him for whatever reason in the post-Darkseid world, but after Joker killed Robin, you think Batman would just have ended him.

To the statue at hand though, I'm still very thrown off by the proportions. I know he's pushing his waist forward, and that his clothing makes his legs shorter, but it still appears like he's got a giant head, or very short limbs. Something does not feel right here, and I'm hoping it looks better in person than in a flat photo.
As I said in my comment just before yours. When Joker killed Robin (at least a few years before Suicide Squad) Batman hadn't lost his faith in humanity, yet. Not until the battle in Metropolis.
I'm fairly confident if Batman ran into Joker in the 18 months between MoS and BvS he probably would have killed him, either that or he was that preoccupied with saving the world from Superman he may not have even cared to.

Batman needs Joker in the Knightmare to steal a mother box. He's the best person for the job because he can't be controlled by the anti-life equation.
Joker steals the mother box so Victor can use it to help Barry communicate with Bruce in the past.

I think the pose can go both ways. In the pics yes his head does look too big and the clothes do throw it off too. In the video however, he does look better. The head looks a bit big on certain angles because his face is down and his hair makes the head look long.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zxfmTxURIQ

Last edited by T1OOO; 08-17-2021 at 04:28 AM. Reason: Comments on the pose and video link.
Old 08-18-2021, 06:55 AM   #26
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1OOO View Post
As I said in my comment just before yours. When Joker killed Robin (at least a few years before Suicide Squad) Batman hadn't lost his faith in humanity, yet. Not until the battle in Metropolis.
I'm fairly confident if Batman ran into Joker in the 18 months between MoS and BvS he probably would have killed him, either that or he was that preoccupied with saving the world from Superman he may not have even cared to.

Batman needs Joker in the Knightmare to steal a mother box. He's the best person for the job because he can't be controlled by the anti-life equation.
Joker steals the mother box so Victor can use it to help Barry communicate with Bruce in the past.

I think the pose can go both ways. In the pics yes his head does look too big and the clothes do throw it off too. In the video however, he does look better. The head looks a bit big on certain angles because his face is down and his hair makes the head look long.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zxfmTxURIQ
Thanks for posting. Did i hear that right, Warner Bros. gift to Weta - the only one's allowed to create a statue based on Zack Snyder's Justice League - Joker
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 07:01 AM   #27
T1OOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Thanks for posting. Did i hear that right, Warner Bros. gift to Weta - the only one's allowed to create a statue based on Zack Snyder's Justice League - Joker
So they said. He would be an easy for Hot Toys but they haven't announced anything but plenty of 3rd part ones.
Old 08-18-2021, 09:10 AM   #28
ukshaun
Hercules

During the video they mention the piece is clay sculpted, which is neat. Some aspects were 3D modeled including the belt. My guess is the yellow gloves were 3D modeled, as they feature a perfect dot texture on them. No complaints here.
Old 08-18-2021, 05:39 PM   #29
ukshaun
Hercules

Pre_order just went live

Pre-order now for estimated delivery in 2nd Quarter 2022. Please note a 15% non-refundable deposit is payable at the time of order.

The Joker is a Limited Edition statue, with the edition size announced on September 1st (PDT), pre-orders will remain open until we have sold out.

https://www.wetanz.com/shop/figures/the-joker

Old 08-18-2021, 05:44 PM   #30
ukshaun
Hercules

Pre_ordered!