Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 03-01-2022, 06:59 PM   #41
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I like her work, some of it is downright gorgeous but I agree too much of a good thing is too much. SOTN was a new direction for Konami, and imo she hit her stride with Lament of Innocence. My personal favorite is her Dracula X Chronicles box art. That's the Richter I want to see in statue form, or old guard Rondo. I do not like Richter with long hair, it drove me nuts they gave Trevor long hair in Curse of Darkness. A lot of her males tend to look way too androgynous or Bishōnen for my taste and some of her box art has characters missing anatomy, Maria's nose for example in a sideview of her for SOTN.

A lot of my judgment's because I adore the old box art from CV1-Bloodlines. I still think SCVIV, Contra 3 and Bloodlines had some of the best box art back in the day.

You've got a little time to decide. If you don't care about the pikes as much as the familiar's display, go with the regular. If you've got a tug of war going on inside your head just grab the EX and deal with the keyhole down the road. Dracula's EX was 100% lazy. I have no idea why the included a brown haired head when Drac's never had brown hair. They could have given us the grey-haired head from the prologue fight and I would have been happy. I'll never display the brown one, but it was the same price as the reg so why not?
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 08:48 PM   #42
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Yeah, good taste! I agree that Dracula X Chronicles cover is pretty great. No complaints with that one. And that Richter is pretty much what I'm talking about too.

I don't know if F4F listen to fans much, but I don't recall a poll regarding which version to do.

Spot on regarding that 16-bit box art too.

Since I've already got the Ex pre-ordered, I wanted to figure it out soon - I don't know what kind of leeway they'll give me if I want to switch to the Regular.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 02:51 PM   #43
eternalblue02

I’ve jumped on their waitlists before during production and have always been able to get an EX or reg at release so I don’t think you’ll have issues if it comes to that.
Old 03-07-2022, 04:51 AM   #44
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Still can't decide on the version for this...

but in other news, Alex on fb stated that the Richter pre-order is looking like July/August.
Old 03-08-2022, 08:16 PM   #45
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Finally decided to change my order to Standard version. I'm sure the decision won't haunt me...
Old 03-23-2022, 05:43 PM   #46
eternalblue02

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Finally decided to change my order to Standard version. I'm sure the decision won't haunt me...
Never.

When I get mine I'll make sure to focus on the familiar and its seating.

I started telling myself I would only do EX's if they made sense or if I were going to change things out. Never happened. I don't know why I always have to get the EX. In the grand scheme of things, they usually never really matter in resale and the keepers sit in the box collecting dust. It's probably a mix of FOMO and OCD.
Old 03-23-2022, 09:54 PM   #47
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

I've been able to deliberately choose standard editions over exclusives a couple of times, and I haven't regretted those.

The official art aside, the presence of the familiar changes the tone of the composition for me. WITH the familiar, Death's pointing seems to be saying, "sic 'em, boy", as if the familiar was a pet; a dog. WITHOUT the familiar, Death pointing is more like the classic Grim Reaper "You have been judged!". I like that more.
Old 11-10-2022, 07:35 PM   #48
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Statue is completed!

Got email asking for final payment in 7 days. Then onto the slow boat to the west coast.
Old 11-10-2022, 11:06 PM   #49
eternalblue02

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Statue is completed!

Got email asking for final payment in 7 days. Then onto the slow boat to the west coast.
Same. Glad to see they?re cranking these out fast.
Old 11-10-2022, 11:46 PM   #50
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Same. Glad to see they?re cranking these out fast.
It's a relatively simple statue, but I love it.

Richter will probably take longer. Hope we get an update soon regarding possibilities for next in the line.