Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 03-12-2022, 04:35 AM   #11
fiveainone
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Could it be they realize how bad Superman and TR turned out, and need the price increase to improve quality?? I can dream..

But man, I really need a 1/4 Batfleck...
fiveainone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 06:26 AM   #12
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveainone View Post
Could it be they realize how bad Superman and TR turned out, and need the price increase to improve quality?? I can dream..

This doesn't sound far fetched...

"We need to improve production"

"It would cost this much more"

"We have no choice but to pass that cost onto the consumer"

If at all true, It's kind of fcked up, if you think about. To give the consumer a product closer resembling what they order in the first place, we have to pay even more.

I'm all about the Justice League line and want them to turn out great, but they also need the sales to warrant continuing the line. Going to be interesting how much they hike the price from the $1200 for a quarter scale we're already at.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 10:31 AM   #13
Gerard
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Do you pay for shipping from the factory? No, you don't. It gets shipped to the warehouse near you first.

Most of their stuff has a high tag already, but almost all hold or increase in value so I guess most people would disagree with your "mediocre" opinion.
Eye of the beholder 😉😉
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 11:52 AM   #14
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by EStark View Post
You mean the 1200 US dollar 1/4 Knightmare Batman is going up in price? LOL.. Im out.
Yes, maybe this already includes the price hike since Superman was $900.

I guess we'll see.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 12:11 PM   #15
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Well, due to stagnant wages, inflation and other unexpected circumstances. This collector will regrettably need to abstain from any future purchases from Weta. I hope Weta wil understand that paying a premium price for a less than luxury item is not a necessity for a good life. My best wishes to the creative team at Weta.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 01:16 PM   #16
Gerard
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
Well, due to stagnant wages, inflation and other unexpected circumstances. This collector will regrettably need to abstain from any future purchases from Weta. I hope Weta wil understand that paying a premium price for a less than luxury item is not a necessity for a good life. My best wishes to the creative team at Weta.
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 01:58 PM   #17
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 02:01 PM   #18
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Increasing prices at ALL of the statue companies is definitely making me a pickier collector.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 04:59 PM   #19
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveainone View Post

All you newbies do realise Weta do more than these recent DC statues right? And that they do pretty well and sell out and become sought after. They've been doing Lord of the Rings statues, among others, for 20 years with great success.
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 05:06 PM   #20
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Increasing prices at ALL of the statue companies is definitely making me a pickier collector.
Exactly, people act like Weta is the only one doing it. Go visit an Iron Studio thread if you want to talk about overpricing.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote