Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 04-11-2022, 02:56 PM   #31
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I'm not sure....but have Hobbit statues come in cheaper than "normal" sized statues? I believe there wasn't much of a difference between the Dwarf statues and human scaled pieces.

I could imagine they will set the price pretty much the same across the fellowship - unfortunately.
Hobbit statues should really be two for one, or include a lot of environment to justify the price like classic Bilbo.
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 08:40 AM   #32
Mister H
Gen 13

Got one from Specfictionshop, will be here next tuesday. Looking forward to having this next to Gandalf.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 12:43 AM   #33
DevGuy
The Spirit

Portrait looks decent imho:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvnZWY6JxO0

But skin tones in this classic line are a bit too orange/unnatural-looking for my tastes. I say that as an owner of most of them.
DevGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 10:47 AM   #34
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGuy View Post
Portrait looks decent imho:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvnZWY6JxO0

But skin tones in this classic line are a bit too orange/unnatural-looking for my tastes. I say that as an owner of most of them.
Yep, decent not great. I?m hoping for Boromir, Eomer, Theodin, Sam and the Witch-King in the future.
Old 02-14-2024, 07:39 AM   #35
G0llum
Doh!

Aragorn Hunter Of The Plains Weta

Hello everyone, I am new here and I have a question that you may consider a bit silly, but I would greatly appreciate if you could give me your honest opinion/guidance on the matter.

I have a collection of Weta products and statues and have run out of space, but I have fallen in love with the new Aragorn Hunter of the plains statue from Weta.

My question is whether I should leave my collection as is or replace some of the items I have on the top of the shelf.

Do you think the new figure of Aragorn is worth overthrowing any other statues or even Elendil's helmet? What would look better in that space?

I attach photos of my collection and the statue of Aragorn

Millions of thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5212adc2-460b-4b80-8c98-2084a94b9a82.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	231.9 KB
ID:	168406   Click image for larger version

Name:	64BA5351-BB1C-4A68-AD7C-ABEAE1621105.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	168407   Click image for larger version

Name:	99131CEE-4C19-4AE0-9F99-D5B64B837571.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	168408  
G0llum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 09:23 AM   #36
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

You might get more feedback in the thread dedicated to this statue:

https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=171269
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 09:56 AM   #37
KiDD
Birdman

Welcome to the forum!

I would consider filling the entire upper shelf with classic series statues, as I'm fairly certain that we'll eventually get the whole fellowship. The already released Gandalf and Frodo are awesome in my opinion, and stylistically Aragorn would pair really well with them.
KiDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 10:45 AM   #38
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
You might get more feedback in the thread dedicated to this statue:

https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=171269
Thanks for noticing, I merged the two threads.

Welcome to the forum, G0llum
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 12:40 PM   #39
G0llum
Doh!

Thank you very much for your answer.

That would be perfection, but not the funds or space to expand my collection so much. In fact, on the shelf that I show in the photo, if I buy one more statue, it would be to remove one of these, Azog, Gandalf, Bard or the elendil helmet, which would be a shame because all they are beautiful and would be relegated to storage.

On the other hand, if I put a statue alone in different place, it may lose the context... Anyway I am looking for one more statue, which I don't know if it would be definitive but it would be the only one I could buy for a long time.

Now there are discounts on some Weta products and Aragorn is an important character in the community, that's why I had considered it, and he also has an epic pose although I don't know if the painting job is the best.

If I had to buy a definitive statue of a member of the Fellowship of the Ring, would Aragorn be a good option or should I wait for something better to come out? The classic Gandalf line is very cool but now that I have Gandalf from The Hobbit I don't even consider it and Frodo is cool but I think I prefer Aragorn and for the size of the Frodo statue you don't think it is a little expensive?

I can now get Aragorn for 310 euros, shipping cost and taxes included. Ultimately, it would be a question of whether to buy it or wait for something better.
G0llum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 01:46 PM   #40
Mister H
Gen 13

I would say if you have to question buying this Aragorn then you should wait for something that knocks your socks off. I have that Aragorn and he's good. Not great. His face looks more like Connor McGregor from Highlander than Aragorn. I have him because I like the character a lot. The classic line is kinda hit or miss for me.