Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-27-2006, 12:06 PM   #1
collectoruniverse
Frackin!

wb batman maquette!

Any of you own the 2nd version of WB Batman maquette. The one with the right arm swing upward with the slingshot holding. I have a questions, do any of you guys have problem with the yellow batman symbol on the base where it has a very thin crack line. You have to look very close to see that crack.

Is it normal to have that because it looks like a manufacture error right?
collectoruniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 12:22 PM   #2
kirthew
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by collectoruniverse
Any of you own the 2nd version of WB Batman maquette. The one with the right arm swing upward with the slingshot holding. I have a questions, do any of you guys have problem with the yellow batman symbol on the base where it has a very thin crack line. You have to look very close to see that crack.

Is it normal to have that because it looks like a manufacture error right?
I have it... it looks like the paint is cracking on my version... along the symbol and also his jaw line...
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 12:24 PM   #3
kingdomhearts
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirthew
I have it... it looks like the paint is cracking on my version... along the symbol and also his jaw line...

Yeah mine has a paint crack too on the batman symbol on top of the base.

I guess they used cheap paint
kingdomhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 12:29 PM   #4
collectoruniverse
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirthew

The one i got has a paint crack also. Maybe is manufacture error?
collectoruniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 10:47 PM   #5
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

a pic of one of mine I have on this thread

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=28887

pretty much all of them have issues with the paint in the yellow and flesh,( I actually repainted the one I keep on display and you cant tell that it was ever touched, all I did was redo the flesh and yellow areas) the reason was these were the last pieces produced by the WBSS and actully the full run was not produced as the main funding for the project had been pulled so they ended up skimping on the quality of the materials and sadly it was they chose to use a cheaper paint than they usually did, in cases the very low number did not have this problem becase they were produced before this decision was made to go out cheap. I have 2 of these statues and the 2nd one they actually did not paint the yellow on the base so the base is solid black some how it got past the inspectors or such becasue that the way it came into the WBSS that my best friend back them managed.
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 11:25 PM   #6
kingdomhearts
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batfan
a pic of one of mine I have on this thread

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=28887

pretty much all of them have issues with the paint in the yellow and flesh,( I actually repainted the one I keep on display and you cant tell that it was ever touched, all I did was redo the flesh and yellow areas) the reason was these were the last pieces produced by the WBSS and actully the full run was not produced as the main funding for the project had been pulled so they ended up skimping on the quality of the materials and sadly it was they chose to use a cheaper paint than they usually did, in cases the very low number did not have this problem becase they were produced before this decision was made to go out cheap. I have 2 of these statues and the 2nd one they actually did not paint the yellow on the base so the base is solid black some how it got past the inspectors or such becasue that the way it came into the WBSS that my best friend back them managed.

where can you get that kind of yellow color that matches to the base.
Which paint brand did you use to match it?
kingdomhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 12:17 AM   #7
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

I mixed up my own paint using apple barrell acrylic paints from walmart, took me a while to get it the same color but I did finally after trial and error, due to they used a ugly yellow to begin with I almost painted it the correct yellow that it should have been painted, I am thinking of painting one I have all correctly the base yellow with black bat in center and actually sanding off the logo on the chest and making a water decal in the correct colors, I have 3 of these statues now so might just do one like it should look.
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote