Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-23-2006, 06:13 PM   #31
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossa
well, lucky me. no problems...so far.

however, this has happened to me. if i am typing a reply, like i am now, something will "click" on my computer (it is audible. i hear the click) and it will stop me from being able to type. well, i can type, but no words appear. so then i just click the mouse on the screen a few times and i can type again. what the heck is *THAT*?
In all honesty, it sounds like your Hard Drive is failing. That "clicking" is when the drive get's stuck while trying to spin and it freezes the whole computer. You should have that checked out and change the drive if you can. Certainly back up anything you don't want lost (on a portable or external source obviously) in case the drive dies on you.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 06:15 PM   #32
fossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus
In all honesty, it sounds like your Hard Drive is failing. That "clicking" is when the drive get's stuck while trying to spin and it freezes the whole computer. You should have that checked out and change the drive if you can. Certainly back up anything you don't want lost (on a portable or external source obviously) in case the drive dies on you.
GEEZ! This laptop is less than 2 years old. That can't be the problem, can it? It only happens when I am on this site, and with the issues the site has been having lately, I though it would be the most likely culprit.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:38 PM   #33
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

if there's a problem, it will be across the board. ie. mac: not all browsers work w/the chat room. as far as the board itself, all has been fine besides trying to see where the bandwidth is being used from the last couple of days and that just eliminated some features.
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 07:35 PM   #34
madjazz
Defender of The Defenders

Issues with Subscriptions. When I am in the same session and I have viewed a thread in my subscription list or gone into the same thread directly from its forum area, when I go back to my Subscribed Threads list, it is still bold as if I have not viewed it.

The same thing happens with the New Posts list.

The new features will make these hiccups worth while.
madjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 06:33 AM   #35
madjazz
Defender of The Defenders

Drod - the list issue still persists.
madjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 12:38 AM   #36
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

seems that it's a cookie variable. it takes a while sometimes for the cookie to realize that you have already send the thread
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote