Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-22-2006, 09:06 PM   #1
Duke
Birdman

Has anyone seen this Deadpool statue?

Hello,

I recently was looking at some items on eBay and saw a Deadpool statue in one seller's store banner. I contacted the seller and was told it was purchased at a Comic Convention and that they thought it was the Bowen statue, it is not the Bowen statue and I'm trying to find out if anyone has ever seen this statue and knows anything about it, like scale/size, and if possibly how to get my hands on one. It's a small pic and the eBay seller respectfully declined to send me any larger or better pics of it as well as declining to offer anymore information besides that they bought it from the convention believing it to be the Bowen statue, I thank the seller for the help they have so far given, but now, I'm left trying to find out more about on my own. If anyone has ever seen this and has any info please, please, please let me know, I know there are other Deadpool fans on this site besides myself so hopefully someone knows something about this statue. I didn't know where to post this so I figured here under other, hope someone will see this and recognize it. Thanks for looking at it and any help! Appreciate it! Thanks!
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 09:18 PM   #2
Deadpool
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke
Hello,

I recently was looking at some items on eBay and saw a Deadpool statue in one seller's store banner. I contacted the seller and was told it was purchased at a Comic Convention and that they thought it was the Bowen statue, it is not the Bowen statue and I'm trying to find out if anyone has ever seen this statue and knows anything about it, like scale/size, and if possibly how to get my hands on one. It's a small pic and the eBay seller respectfully declined to send me any larger or better pics of it as well as declining to offer anymore information besides that they bought it from the convention believing it to be the Bowen statue, I thank the seller for the help they have so far given, but now, I'm left trying to find out more about on my own. If anyone has ever seen this and has any info please, please, please let me know, I know there are other Deadpool fans on this site besides myself so hopefully someone knows something about this statue. I didn't know where to post this so I figured here under other, hope someone will see this and recognize it. Thanks for looking at it and any help! Appreciate it! Thanks!
No problem D, I have to tell you honestly that I have never seen this myself. If the seller declined to give you any extra info, then I honestly doubt that this is authentic or produced by any company in particular. It is most likely a custom job. If I had a bit better pic, then I could tell you for sure. What were they asking anyways?
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 09:27 PM   #3
Duke
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool
No problem D, I have to tell you honestly that I have never seen this myself. If the seller declined to give you any extra info, then I honestly doubt that this is authentic or produced by any company in particular. It is most likely a custom job. If I had a bit better pic, then I could tell you for sure. What were they asking anyways?

Richard
It sadly wasn't for sell, just on the store banner. They bought it at a convention and kept it I believe. The seller said it was from Bowen, but after I said it wasn't the Bowen statue, the seller replied saying after checking it didn't see a Bowen marking on it. It looks cool though doesn't it?
Old 05-22-2006, 09:45 PM   #4
pablocruze
Minister of GORE/ROT Mod Relations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke
It sadly wasn't for sell, just on the store banner. They bought it at a convention and kept it I believe. The seller said it was from Bowen, but after I said it wasn't the Bowen statue, the seller replied saying after checking it didn't see a Bowen marking on it. It looks cool though doesn't it?
What do you think the chances are that it's an action figure rather than a statue?

A pic that small, it could be easily confused...
pablocruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:05 PM   #5
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocruze
What do you think the chances are that it's an action figure rather than a statue?

A pic that small, it could be easily confused...
Agree, that looks more like a Marvel Miniature game piece.
Just look at his hands, it's a bit out of porportion for a statue, and you can kinda feel this piece is not a large one, like when you see a delicate car model, it looks soooo real, but you can still tell it's a model rather than a real car......you know, it's a kind of feeling, not because of the size of the pic..
IMO, It really looks like a mini game piece rather than a statue....
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:58 PM   #6
pablocruze
Minister of GORE/ROT Mod Relations

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderV3
Agree, that looks more like a Marvel Miniature game piece.
Just look at his hands, it's a bit out of porportion for a statue, and you can kinda feel this piece is not a large one, like when you see a delicate car model, it looks soooo real, but you can still tell it's a model rather than a real car......you know, it's a kind of feeling, not because of the size of the pic..
IMO, It really looks like a mini game piece rather than a statue....
Hero Clix?
pablocruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:05 PM   #7
patrickwm68
The Flash

It does look like a Heroclix.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:11 PM   #8
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Quote:
Hero Clix?
Absolutly!!!
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 02:03 AM   #9
Duke
Birdman

Quote:
Hero Clix?
No, the only Deadpool Heroclix right now looks nothing like that, a pic of the Heroclix is bellow. The eBay seller also did tell me it was a statue, that they thought was the Bowen full size when the purchased it at a Comic Con.

Old 05-24-2006, 12:13 PM   #10
Rude Dog
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

What about this?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MARVEL-STATUE-...QQcmdZViewItem
Rude Dog is offline   Reply With Quote