Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 01-20-2014, 08:47 PM   #11
gscomicfest
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

The Garden State Comic Fest is elated to present you with this league of amazing artists and writers attending this Sunday:

Rags Morales, Charles Paul Wilson III, Tom Raney, Jamal Igle, Chris Ivy, Paris Cullins, Tim Yates, Jason Baroody, Dan Khanna, Rusty Gilligan, Javier Cruz Winnik, Craig " Old School" Blake, Will Torres, Shawn Andrews, Erica Schultz Reks Dox and Janella Mele;
And the entire crew down at Captive Comics:
Sal Brucculeri, Ibai Canales, Monique Blaize and Lindsay Rollins.
MEET THEM ALL THIS SUNDAY: www.gardenstatecomicfest.com
gscomicfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:25 AM   #12
rjs1162
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Man! I wish I could attend this. I would love to meet Chris Ivy and Paris Cullins! Maybe they can both swing over to Detroit for MCCC in May!
rjs1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:55 PM   #13
gscomicfest

Garden State Comic Fest will be giving all paid attendees this Sunday a Swag Bag filled with great comics, posters, and coupons from IDW, Valiant, Zenescope, and Funny Books While Supplies Last. Also thanks to Lions Gate and Darkstorm Comics the lucky 1st 100 people will also receive an 80 page soft cover graphic novel based on the upcoming movie I, Frankenstein .
Old 01-22-2014, 08:21 PM   #14
gscomicfest

Garden State Comic Fest is proud to announce our lineup of Spectacular vendors for this Sunday’s Show.

Dave's American Comics
Joe Kool Comics
Americas Most WantedCollectibles
Zapp Comics
Funny Books
Pyramid Comics
Star Wares
WatchTower Comics Toys & Apparel
Plastic Army Toys
Glenn Campbell
Dan & Mary Campbell
Cheryl & Mike Matias of Mayhem Collectables
Sinister Studios
Digital Realm Toys
Inside Out Gifts
Captive Comics
The 501st Legion
Tony Alexander And His 1966 Bat Mobile

These great Vendors will be there along with our All star list of Artists to help celebrate our inaugural show. So come out and join us. With just over 50 tables there is something for everyone.

SUNDAY, JANUARY 26, 2014 at 10:30am (EST)
Being Held at the JUNCTION 46 / QUALITY INN
1691 US HIGHWAY 46
LEDGEWOOD, NEW JERSEY 07852
http://www.gardenstatecomicfest.com
Old 01-23-2014, 10:51 PM   #15
gscomicfest

Garden State Comic Fest is proud to say at our upcoming show we will be collecting and donating part of the proceeds to 2 of our favorite charities. Heroes Initiative and Superheroes for Hospice. These are both great charities that we stand behind and look forward to working with. With this and future shows.
http://www.heroinitiative.org/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Super...e/169547694288
Old 01-25-2014, 10:41 PM   #16
gscomicfest

As we are now only hours from the 1st ever Garden State Comic Fest. We would like thank everyone for their support in getting this show off the ground and the great feedback we have received. We hope to see you all tomorrow and for many shows to come. THANK YOU
Old 01-26-2014, 10:26 PM   #17
gscomicfest

Wow what a great day. We want to personally thank all the artists, vendors, Volunteers, and especially THE FANS that came out to our inaugural show. The support and feedback we received was awesome. We did a quick look at the numbers and we estimate over 550 fans came out!!!!!!! Once the official number is known we will post it in a day or two. We hope everyone had a great time and look forward to putting together our next show which will be a whole lot bigger and better. Thank You All.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:25 AM   #18
Underdog07
Hercules

Glad things went well on your end.

Some suggestions -- you need more than the approximately 6-7 comic dealers to justify charging $8 admission. The stars of the show were the artists -especially having Rags be there as I have never seen him at a show before - but most people are there to look at and get comics. There really just was not a selection or dealers and those that showed. If I were not picking up art from Rags I would have been thoroughly disappointed.

The other big one is you need to have aisles as the aisle at that back wall was unnavigable if anyone stopped to look at something. I was at the show for about 40m and 5m was trying to get through that 150 feet or so.

I look forward to seeing what you guys put together for the next show.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:37 PM   #19
gscomicfest

Underdog07 Thank you so much for your comments it means a lot to us. As a 1st show we knew their would be some things that needed to be addressed for the 2nd. We outgrew the venue before the show even started. We promise our next event will be bigger and better in a much bigger venue. We value your opinions and will use it. If you would like please contact us through our website so we can personally thank you.
Our feedback has been great so far but it is always great to see where we can improve because our most important goal is to bring you the fans a an unforgettable experience. GSCF