Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 02-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #21
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
Yeah, and I've spent a great deal of time praising his Thor recently too. Apparently we all see what we want to see, huh?
I wasn't referring to you specifically nor did I say that anybody that criticized ARH never had anything good to say but as long as you bring it up let's take this latest bru-ha-ha for example, since you have been commenting on that.

It is true that he posted and asked people not to re-post his image on other forums, but he never mentioned this forum in particular and less than 5 minutes later, his second post in the thread was

"Averone,

Please take some time to re-post it in all forums we are members! Thanks"

Which would lead me to believe that he had no problems posting it in forums where he is a member but rather that he wanted a rep from his company to do it. Could be a lot of reasons why. For example maybe he didn't want it posted so a lot of people would think it was finished when it is a WIP that will get some tweeking. Or maybe he does have a forum where he doesn't want it or if he had a bad experience or whatever. My point is for everybody that commented on the first post he made nobody even mentioned the second. Why not?

Also for a time Randy Bowen also didn't want his sneaks posted here. Do you think both Arahom and Randy are thin skinned freaks?
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #22
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I wasn't referring to you specifically nor did I say that anybody that criticized ARH never had anything good to say but as long as you bring it up let's take this latest bru-ha-ha for example, since you have been commenting on that.

It is true that he posted and asked people not to re-post his image on other forums, but he never mentioned this forum in particular and less than 5 minutes later, his second post in the thread was

"Averone,

Please take some time to re-post it in all forums we are members! Thanks"

Which would lead me to believe that he had no problems posting it in forums where he is a member but rather that he wanted a rep from his company to do it. Could be a lot of reasons why. For example maybe he didn't want it posted so a lot of people would think it was finished when it is a WIP that will get some tweeking. Or maybe he does have a forum where he doesn't want it or if he had a bad experience or whatever. My point is for everybody that commented on the first post he made nobody even mentioned the second. Why not?

Also for a time Randy Bowen also didn't want his sneaks posted here. Do you think both Arahom and Randy are thin skinned freaks?
I didn't even notice the second post to be honest! I think a lot of these producers are a touchy lot.

As far as the rest of community popping in with their negative remarks, some of those people have very valid points, and I don't blame them for bringing those points up repeatedly. Is some of it dead horse material? Probably, but it does serve as a warning to others, "Hey, good luck with your AP, but here's what happened to me." The more information you have, the better, and there are new people here all the time. I think ARH is making the right call by letting their statues speak for themselves here, but on the other hand, you have to be careful how you come across on other forums too. It's a small internet! I think they are making some smashing statues right now, but I also think that they don't even realize how they come across sometimes.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #23
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
I didn't even notice the second post to be honest! I think a lot of these producers are a touchy lot.

As far as the rest of community popping in with their negative remarks, some of those people have very valid points, and I don't blame them for bringing those points up repeatedly. Is some of it dead horse material? Probably, but it does serve as a warning to others, "Hey, good luck with your AP, but here's what happened to me." The more information you have, the better, and there are new people here all the time. I think ARH is making the right call by letting their statues speak for themselves here, but on the other hand, you have to be careful how you come across on other forums too. It's a small internet! I think they are making some smashing statues right now, but I also think that they don't even realize how they come across sometimes.
I agree with everything you say above. Arahom is a nice guy but he isn't perfect and I know for a fact that some issues have come up. I have received the wrong statue myself so I know it happens but I have had very good experiences RE customer service.

I do think that most of the issues people keep hammering him on are largely because he is such a small company. Before he started marketing through outside entities he probably didn't even have a QC department other than his own double checking.

And yes artsy-fartsy people in general, not just statue producers, art typically a sensitive lot but I read some things that went well beyond constructive criticism on every level that if I were in his (or Randy's) shoes for that matter, probably would have caused me to lose my temper as well
Old 02-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #24
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Oh and with regard to the Angel of Death statue in particular (I don't know about the other one) apparently the problem is with the wings. Arahom said they were too heavy and the statue couldn't realistically support them as originally designed and sculpted so he was redoing them in some manner. Could by finding an additional attachment point, making them smaller, or something else completely.

I would think this is a good thing (delay rather than ship problematic statue I mean) but he could post here and let you know I guess rather than not letting you know.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #25
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Oh and with regard to the Angel of Death statue in particular (I don't know about the other one) apparently the problem is with the wings. Arahom said they were too heavy and the statue couldn't realistically support them as originally designed and sculpted so he was redoing them in some manner. Could by finding an additional attachment point, making them smaller, or something else completely.

I would think this is a good thing (delay rather than ship problematic statue I mean) but he could post here and let you know I guess rather than not letting you know.
I read that too. Smart move. Having said that, I think SF is pretty low on his priority list.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:08 AM   #26
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Funny.

Those that bi-atch incessantly about ARH and how lousy the company is and how stupid Arahom is sure seem to spend a lot of time in his section
My post explains why I still visit this section of the forum. I do like their sculpts, I still enjoy seeing what pieces they are coming out with. I just don't like the way they do business and communicate with their customers.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #27
Storm Lover
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
My post explains why I still visit this section of the forum. I do like their sculpts, I still enjoy seeing what pieces they are coming out with. I just don't like the way they do business and communicate with their customers.
Sounds a lot like the Koto camp. It's not a difficult request; all we're asking for are updates (pics, news, release date estimates, etc...). All these discussions back n forth; this really shouldn't be a big deal.
Storm Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #28
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post

I'm not saying you or anyone else can't visit or shouldn't visit any section they want, just pointing out that it is funny how several (not just you, but you included) people who have publically stated they will never own another ARH statue continue to spend a lot of time here.

I know you had a bad experience but I also know your version of events and Arahom's are not exactly the same, the truth is probably somewhere in between. I don't want to rehash your situation (I REALLY don't) but in this thread alone you have said "bullheaded", "idiotic", "childish" to describe a decision that he wanted his own rep to post pics of a WIP rather than having members post it. I don't know why for sure but as I said I bet it is because he doesn't want the very vocal minority to start ripping on it and him if it is presented as a finished product. I can hear the "what about the box" yuks now and complaints about the photos and stuff in the back ground, unfinished sculpt, weapons too small, and on and on.

Given how his first post in that thread is ripped here without any acknowledgement of his second post in the same thread within 5 minutes of the first is just the latest example I can completely see why ARH would do that.

You say "you have the experience to back it up, I think MOST of us do". I would disagree. I have no doubt that your situation went south badly and probably part of it was the cumulative effect of some of the over the top criticism he was taking and the stress fell more on you than what the one instance warranted but I also have bought statues from Arahom for years, since he was in Brazil, and I know that almost everyone has had great customer service from him. I know I have.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:30 AM   #29
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Lover View Post
Sounds a lot like the Koto camp. It's not a difficult request; all we're asking for are updates (pics, news, release date estimates, etc...). All these discussions back n forth; this really shouldn't be a big deal.
Yeah that's all anybody did. Kindly request an update once in a while and ARH totally went off and blindly attacked its customer base for little or no reason.

You must have missed most of the threads
Old 02-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #30
Storm Lover
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Yeah that's all anybody did. Kindly request an update once in a while and ARH totally went off and blindly attacked its customer base for little or no reason.

You must have missed most of the threads
I must have. However, this is no way to run a business. I may move on and forget adding this sculpts to my collection if this is how customers (fans) are treated.

Artists are a weird bunch.

SL
Storm Lover is offline   Reply With Quote