Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-08-2017, 07:57 AM   #41
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

i can already see some people desperate to get Ironhide, which ex is now now sold out and I dont know if they pulled the plug on regular as its not there on Prime 1 website
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 06:08 PM   #42
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

With changes to edition size I'm sure Prime 1 will be re-evaluating some releases and the sizes. I do think they are too big on some of the popular pieces like TDKR, Deathstroke, and Noel to name a few. Just because Sideshow is closing the books on carrying some of these (aka sold out) doesn't mean stock doesn't exist such as on the Prime 1 website.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 10:10 PM   #43
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadoom View Post
I have a couple of 1/3 from the Arkham line, but still love my few premium formats from Sideshow and even the 1/5 from the Motu line. However, once you started with 1/3, you'll very soon realize that it is the best statue size ever.
IMO, 1:3 is great for getting a few of your absolute favorite characters, but I would never switch to collecting just 1:3. Thier just too expensive and take up too much space. I would have to cut the number of characters in my statue collection by a significant margin if I went all in on 1:3. Are they beautiful statues? Absolutely. The 1:3 Prime 1 statues I own are absolutely stunning and I can't wait for the ones I have on pre order.

That being said, 1:4 is still my favorite size as IMO its really the perfect balance between quality, size and price. Collecting 1:4 allows me to collect a much larger selection of characters, which is important to me since I am a fan of so many different characters, at significantly cheaper prices. And the quality at 1:4 is still more than high enough to satisfy me. If the list of characters that I liked was significantly smaller, maybe then I could see collecting 1:3 exclusively, but that just isnt the case. I am a big fan of a large number of comic characters so for me, 1:4 really is perfect.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:39 PM   #44
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
IMO, 1:3 is great for getting a few of your absolute favorite characters, but I would never switch to collecting just 1:3. Thier just too expensive and take up too much space. I would have to cut the number of characters in my statue collection by a significant margin if I went all in on 1:3. Are they beautiful statues? Absolutely. The 1:3 Prime 1 statues I own are absolutely stunning and I can't wait for the ones I have on pre order.

That being said, 1:4 is still my favorite size as IMO its really the perfect balance between quality, size and price. Collecting 1:4 allows me to collect a much larger selection of characters, which is important to me since I am a fan of so many different characters, at significantly cheaper prices. And the quality at 1:4 is still more than high enough to satisfy me. If the list of characters that I liked was significantly smaller, maybe then I could see collecting 1:3 exclusively, but that just isnt the case. I am a big fan of a large number of comic characters so for me, 1:4 really is perfect.

The interesting trend regarding 1/3 scale and 1/4 scale is how quickly 1/4 is approaching the 1/3 pricing territory which as with any pricing model schema means you can expect 1/3 to also edge up. At some point you will need to be a Sultan to own many of these. Hopefully the statues most of us are looking forward to will see early releases so that we can pick them up before each of us reach our individual pricing thresholds.

Something I thought about recently regarding price trends is that many of the prices are actually forecasts because they reflect costs upon release which in many cases are in 2018 or 2019. Kind of like statue futures. Something we should all consider as we objectively (and emotionally in some cases) compare prices for what is now available to what is a pre-order. My 2 cents.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote