Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 02-04-2012, 02:33 AM   #11
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Which means he will have pictures up in about 3 months.
You're being charitable
Hercules75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:09 AM   #12
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules75 View Post
You're being charitable
I feel a lot of the forum members and the Mods too are being that way toward this section.
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #13
johnclone
The Enchantress

I just dropped by ------------- to get updated on the latest ARH news, and I learned that Arahom does not want pics of statues posted at ------------- reposted on "other forums" and will consider it a show of disrespect towards ARH and their work to do so. I don't get that at all, but as it stands now, if anyone posts pics of any upcoming ARH pieces here, that's how Arahom will view it. I don't know if that would include posting links.

My feeling is that if anyone wants to view pics of the latest upcoming pieces, they should probably just go to the other site. As far as discussing pieces, maybe this section will just become a place to view in hand pics and discuss things post production and that's all. I have no negative feeling for ARH. there are a couple pieces that I am very interested in, but as of now, I don't really see any point in discussing anything that isn't post production, as I don't want someone who's work I admire to think I am purposefully being disrespectful to him and his work. I'll keep my opinions on this to myself but do want to say one thing, I can totally disagree with someone who disagrees with me, and still have respect for them.

Honest criticism is not hateful, or done out of malicious intent, it comes from trying to provide some assistance. A lot of criticism may be out of malicious intent, purposely ignoring the good and focusing only on perceived flaws, but if an artist knows his work is good he should not let the negatives get to him. If an artist knows his work is good, but doesn't think his work is as good as it could be, then sometimes he can really benefit from critiques of others sharing their honest opinions.

Sometimes sharing an honest opinion can really hurt the artist's feelings because he doesn't see anything wrong and doesn't want to shatter that image, but if an artist surrounds himself with nothing but people who will only provide praise for the work, well in my opinion, that isn't nearly as helpful as getting one bit of honest criticism on what needs fixing.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:51 AM   #14
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Whaaaaaaaaaaaatever, lol

I just read that as well. Anyhow people here's the (slightly edited) pic.

Welcome to the internet.

Honestly, if they don't want people posting pics over here, why not have the mods shut the section down and people can just use general if they want to talk about ARH stuff. I'll admit it when I see good statue (Thor's a home run), regardless of where it came from. I'll also admit it when somebody is acting like a tool. Get over yourself.

Anyhooooooooo... Thundercats ho... or something.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:34 AM   #15
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

I have to agree with you testsubject25...How does posting pics of his WIP on other forums constitute "disrespect for his work" or whatever? As far as I can see, it only serves to give more exposure and free advertisement for his products...I can't for the life of me understand ARH's behavior...
Hercules75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #16
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Thank you for the update John.

I hope he reads your post and the ones by testsubject25 and Hercules75 also.
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:49 PM   #17
dechirico7
The Flash

Wow!
That is all I have to say.

I have to admit, I am critical of this company, but I have the experience with them to back it up. I think most of us do. I'm not going to restate what happened to me, it has been shared enough. Also, in the past, we never saw pictures of statues when promised. We always had to wait weeks or months for "promised" pics. So I don't think stating the obvious was being critical.

When I got my Cleopatra AP from them, I was very appreciative of her, saying how great she was and posted tons of pics on here. I even complimented past female sculpts, but I guess that wasn't enough. This company seems to focus on the bad.

Also, how is posting pics of their statues disrespectful? How idiotic and bullheaded. It was his decision to leave here, I am pretty sure he wasn't banned. I think this is one of the more popular statue sites on the net too. Why would you want to eliminate a market? Their decisions seem so childish to me.

I was thinking about ordering some of these future ladies, including Medusa, but there is no way I will now. I am not going to financially support a company that has no respect for their customer base. Oh wait....I can't anyways, I am banned from purchasing any of their statues. I totally forgot.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #18
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Considering that if you google, "ARH Studios forum" THIS is the FIRST site on that search, they might take that into consideration. This is also the first statue site if you google "ARH forum".
Old 02-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #19
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Funny.

Those that bi-atch incessantly about ARH and how lousy the company is and how stupid Arahom is sure seem to spend a lot of time in his section
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #20
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Funny.

Those that bi-atch incessantly about ARH and how lousy the company is and how stupid Arahom is sure seem to spend a lot of time in his section
Yeah, and I've spent a great deal of time praising his Thor recently too. Apparently we all see what we want to see, huh?

Once again, I'll call it both ways. If you've got a great statue, I'll praise it, but if you're acting like a horses ass, I'll certainly mix that up too. Sorry, I'm not a 100% detractor, nor am I an ARH apologist, like some people.