Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-26-2018, 05:39 PM   #461
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
The wallets have spoken. Proud of y'all. Anything to curb that unbridled Sideshowflation.

Hate to be a hater, and I really wanted to love this statue, but too much going on before even hitting the price tag.
My wallets too light to do much talking in this hobby nowadays. Juggernaut might make me bite but these prices lately...
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 05:40 PM   #462
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
I doubt the comic based DC statue line is going to end any time soon, this is Sideshows bread & butter.

It may make them reconsider adding 'Maquette' to the title though and jacking up the price.
I'm thinking more along the lines of Sideshow saying "Superman villains don't sell as can be seen by Doomsday so no more Zod, Brainiac, Bizarro, Mr. Mxyzptlk, Metallo. You know what would sell? Another Superman!"
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 05:46 PM   #463
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Prime 1 is making those villains and people are excited for them. Sideshow seems to be more concerned about starting new lines with the same characters and getting new customers than going deep into lines they've already started and making fans happy. It's their business and they will obviously do what they want, but they've made me start looking at other companies to get the statues I want. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 05:46 PM   #464
SONICobra
Batman

hopefully no more statues trying so hard to "tell a story" - just make an awesome stand alone definitive version of the character. i dont want a doomsday with batarangs sticking out all over the place wearing a lantern ring on a knuckle spike, doomsdays a bad ass without all that fluff
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 05:56 PM   #465
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Prime 1 is making those villains and people are excited for them. Sideshow seems to be more concerned about starting new lines with the same characters and getting new customers than going deep into lines they've already started and making fans happy. It's their business and they will obviously do what they want, but they've made me start looking at other companies to get the statues I want. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Yeah that General Zod that P1 is doing looks amazing. Absolutely LOVE the base! So far, they've shown Doomsday, General Zod, and Cyborg Superman and they have all looked fantastic. If they can do 1/3 versions of Darkseid, Lex Luthor, Braniac, and maybe someone like Bizarro or Mr. Mxyzptlk to go with what's already been shown, I think I would be perfectly content with the Superman villains.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 05:58 PM   #466
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
You most definitely are not. The recent ES on these new DC and Marvel pieces proves that.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 06:36 PM   #467
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
Yeah that General Zod that P1 is doing looks amazing. Absolutely LOVE the base! So far, they've shown Doomsday, General Zod, and Cyborg Superman and they have all looked fantastic. If they can do 1/3 versions of Darkseid, Lex Luthor, Braniac, and maybe someone like Bizarro or Mr. Mxyzptlk to go with what's already been shown, I think I would be perfectly content with the Superman villains.
Hey big bane is coming! One of the big guys!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:33 PM   #468
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Way ahead of you chief...
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 10:37 PM   #469
nearmint
Phoenix

Low stock alert.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 10:49 PM   #470
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

I like this. Nice Es also. If I hadn't committed to the prime 1 I'd be on this. God knows when we'll see another 1/4 scale Doomsday.
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote