Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

View Poll Results: Which pose for Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman gets your vote?
A 51 44.74%
B 20 17.54%
C 21 18.42%
D 22 19.30%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 02:27 PM   #101
broncofan66
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I like and voted for B, I think it shows the weight and heft of her mace. Definitely a two handed weapon for all you RPG geeks out there lol.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:55 PM   #102
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Wow! I didn't really expect D to win, but last place? I must really be out of step with most of you.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:03 PM   #103
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
Wow! I didn't really expect D to win, but last place? I must really be out of step with most of you.
D just seemed like a recycled pose from other characters in the Super Powers line. That turned me off to it immediately.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:25 PM   #104
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
ya know. People like what they like. This will definitely be an ineresting learning experience for all parties involved. I initially thought that B would have been the frontrunner.
When I saw the choices I immediately thought A & D would be the frontruunners. Rather surprised D is in last place as I much prefer it over A.

My problem with A is she’s holding the mace like it’s a feather duster. I find the heft of B much more appealing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
D just seemed like a recycled pose from other characters in the Super Powers line. That turned me off to it immediately.
Agreed. That’s pretty much my feeling on A as well. Both look like traditional super hero poses. Nothing we haven’t seen before. Both B & C offer something original.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:32 PM   #105
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
When I saw the choices I immediately thought A & D would be the frontruunners. Rather surprised D is in last place as I much prefer it over A.

My problem with A is she’s holding the mace like it’s a feather duster. I find the heft of B much more appealing.

Agreed. That’s pretty much my feeling on A as well. Both look like traditional super hero poses. Nothing we haven’t seen before. Both B & C offer something original.
Interesting perspective. To me her holding the mace with one hand shows how powerful she is, not that the mace is light.

Also, I went against B the most because it felt exactly like a Hawkgirl statue I've seen before (DC Cover Girls by Artgerm).
Old 02-12-2019, 03:34 PM   #106
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Interesting perspective. To me her holding the mace with one hand shows how powerful she is, not that the mace is light.

Also, I went against B the most because it felt exactly like a Hawkgirl statue I've seen before (DC Cover Girls by Artgerm).
Kinda how I see it too
Old 02-12-2019, 03:39 PM   #107
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post

Same. Correct me if I'm wrong, but she has super strength as part of her repertoire of abilities, right?
Old 02-12-2019, 03:44 PM   #108
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Same. Correct me if I'm wrong, but she has super strength as part of her repertoire of abilities, right?
"power of flight, superhuman strength, super-acute vision, and an enhanced healing/regeneration ability"

Yes, it wouldn't be crazy to think she could lift heavy objects with one arm and has regularly swung the mace with one arm.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:32 PM   #109
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I get that it’s not hard for her to hold/lift the mace I just think it looks more powerful if she’s wielding it like it’s a hefty weapon. Same way I wouldn’t want Thor holding his hammer like a pencil just cuz he could.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:45 PM   #110
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

I would assume there would be a change-out bonus weapon or something for the other hand. That would be infinitely more difficult to accomplish if both hands were on the mace.
Closed Thread