Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-14-2019, 07:18 PM   #24991
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

On The Waterfront - 10/10.

Damn, saw this first decades ago and rewatched it last night. What a hugely powerful film with an incredible cast. Marlon Brando, Eva Marie Saint, Karl Malden, Lee J Cobb, Rod Steiger, Pat Hinkle, even Fred Gwynn in a non-speaking role. No wonder Brando won the Oscar for his portrayal in this movie!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:13 AM   #24992
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Captain Marvel - 7/10 - know I'm late on this but at least I got it in before Avengers. Its was decent but it didn't blow me away.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:33 AM   #24993
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Spider-man: Into the Spider-verse (3D) - one of the most visually amazing things i've seen. Story was a lot of fun, definitely better than I expected 8.5/10

Nightmare Before Christmas (3D) - one of my all time favorites, amazes me each time I watch it 10/10

Oz: The Great and Powerful (3D) - nothing overly mind blowing, but it was a fun movie to watch, had some great 3D effects 7/10
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:10 AM   #24994
ukshaun
Hercules

Caught up on a couple of DC movies I wasn’t in a hurry to see.

Wonder Woman (2017)
7.8/10

I was surprised at how good this was. The World War 2 (update: World War 1) setting added that extra something. Gal Gadot was excellent as Wonder Woman. It was good seeing Danny Huston (he was excellent in Ivans Xtc) along with other good acting talent appear during a Super hero film. While it was interesting to see how Wonder Woman came to be, they didn’t dwell too long on her growing up / training, which was a good thing. Most importantly the film held my attention for much of the way.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)
5/10

I wasn’t feeling this one. I felt like I was drifting from one scene to next, much of the time failing to keep tab’s on the story, most of the time being distracted by the level’s of CGI being thrown at the screen. The speed of Superman’s movement was cool. I didn’t like Ben Affleck as Batman. Christian Bale remains my favourite Batman. Not much else to say.

Only last week I watched Aquaman. I’d place Aquaman below Wonder Woman, above Batman v.
If you want to bring Marvel into the equation, I think possibly, I’d rate Wonder Woman above Avengers: Infinity War. I’m going to have to watch Avengers: Infinity War a second time (possibly tonight) to double check
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:37 AM   #24995
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Wonder Woman was set during the First World War (1918).
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 11:09 AM   #24996
Vracula
Jedi Order

A star is born - 9/10. Sad Roms are usually not my jam , but I was curious coz I love underdog stories. But I was totally blown away by the movie sad but sweet flavor of this movie, Bradley Cooper really outdid himself with the acting and the Directing, Gaga was great as well.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 11:11 AM   #24997
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Bradley Cooper really outdid himself with the acting and the Directing,
Not a bad singer, either.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 01:18 PM   #24998
gates70
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Caught up on a couple of DC movies I wasn’t in a hurry to see.

Wonder Woman (2017)
7.8/10

I was surprised at how good this was. The World War 2 setting added that extra something. Gal Gadot was excellent as Wonder Woman. It was good seeing Danny Huston (he was excellent in Ivans Xtc) along with other good acting talent appear during a Super hero film. While it was interesting to see how Wonder Woman came to be, they didn’t dwell too long on her growing up / training, which was a good thing. Most importantly the film held my attention for much of way.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)
5/10

I wasn’t feeling this one. I felt like I was drifting from one scene to next, much of the time falling to keep tab’s on the story, most of the time being distracted by the level’s of CGI being thrown at the screen. The speed of Superman’s movement was cool. I didn’t like Ben Affleck as Batman. Christian Bale remains my favourite Batman. Not much else to say.

Only last week I watched Aquaman. I’d place Aquaman below Wonder Woman, above Batman v.
If you want to bring Marvel into the equation, I think possibly, I’d rate Wonder Woman above Avengers: Infinity War. I’m going to have to watch Avengers: Infinity War a second time (possibly tonight) to double check
Did you watch the Extended version of Batman v Superman? That one's a lot better.
gates70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 01:21 PM   #24999
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by gates70 View Post
Did you watch the Extended version of Batman v Superman? That one's a lot better.
No mention of extended on the box. Run time 145mins
I don't think i could have lasted much longer.
Old 04-16-2019, 01:22 PM   #25000
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
Wonder Woman was set during the First World War (1918).
I assumed it was 2nd World War
Thank's for the heads up.