Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 04-04-2015, 04:04 PM   #101
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

wish they sold the console on its own as I'd have likely jumped at it. Didn't enjoy Last of Us (so don't need a digital copy), already have Arkham Knight paid off via prior trades (so don't need another copy), already have PS+ that goes another 10 months (so don't need the 3 month code right now)...

and the premium price of $550 here in Canada. Nope. Pass.

Good buy for those that don't have a console yet though
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 04:21 PM   #102
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
wish they sold the console on its own as I'd have likely jumped at it. Didn't enjoy Last of Us (so don't need a digital copy), already have Arkham Knight paid off via prior trades (so don't need another copy), already have PS+ that goes another 10 months (so don't need the 3 month code right now)...

and the premium price of $550 here in Canada. Nope. Pass.

Good buy for those that don't have a console yet though
yes, but the whole point of these LE consoles is to shift more copies of the games
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:19 PM   #103
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Oohh, so getting this.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 10:20 PM   #104
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Awesome, diggin' the gun metal design!
Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 04:15 PM   #105
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffon View Post
Awesome, diggin' the gun metal design!
I like it as well; though I was hoping that they would be more creative with the entire case instead of a faceplate with Batman's silhouette.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:34 AM   #106
Y3E
Gen 13

Decided not to get this. Other than the color and crappy pic on the faceplate nothing great, especially for $550. Sony should take a look at MS limited edition Xboxes and see how they should be done. The Gears of War Xbox 360 is one of the best and the Xbox One Call of Duty limited edition was $50 less and had a 1TB HD.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:50 AM   #107
biglebowski9999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Oohh, so getting this.
Quote:
Decided not to get this. Other than the color and crappy pic on the faceplate nothing great, especially for $550. Sony should take a look at MS limited edition Xboxes and see how they should be done. The Gears of War Xbox 360 is one of the best and the Xbox One Call of Duty limited edition was $50 less and had a 1TB HD.

So looks like a day later you found out the price and now you're trying to convince yourself this thing sucks lol. It's not Sony's fault the CAD is tanking and this costs more there.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:06 AM   #108
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
So looks like a day later you found out the price and now you're trying to convince yourself this thing sucks lol. It's not Sony's fault the CAD is tanking and this costs more there.
I knew the price before posting the first time as I got the newsletter from EBgames (and it was posted). I still think this is overprice as you can buy the PS4 with two games for $450 or less. Plus, I am getting the Xbox One Batmobile edition version and already have the PS4 regular edition on PO, so don't really need another version. Besides, I never buy consoles for full price. I always trade in games and accessories to reduce it to close to half cost as much as possible.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:07 PM   #109
biglebowski9999

Quote:
I knew the price before posting the first time as I got the newsletter from EBgames (and it was posted). I still think this is overprice as you can buy the PS4 with two games for $450 or less. Plus, I am getting the Xbox One Batmobile edition version and already have the PS4 regular edition on PO, so don't really need another version.

Well, I would be less interested in it if I were you, too, but that is because of your situation. But that doesn't change the fact that it's an awesome bundle and is getting almost universally praised if you follow game sites.

As for the price, yes you can get a PS4+ 2 games for $450 USD. One of those games is a digital download of a great game (Last of Us)...however, most people still want the physical copy of games and you can buy a digital code for that game separately all day every day for $15. So at best you are getting 1.5 games and that is being generous. Also, there is no way you are getting this bundle at $450 in Canada any more and you know it...it's higher now.

This is a limited edition console, people should expect to pay a little more to have something that not everyone has. I have the white one from the Destiny bundle and I can sell that used right now for more than I paid for it originally because it has been sold out since X-mas and is never coming back. Good luck doing that with a plain old black one.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:29 PM   #110
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
Well, I would be less interested in it if I were you, too, but that is because of your situation. But that doesn't change the fact that it's an awesome bundle and is getting almost universally praised if you follow game sites.

As for the price, yes you can get a PS4+ 2 games for $450 USD. One of those games is a digital download of a great game (Last of Us)...however, most people still want the physical copy of games and you can buy a digital code for that game separately all day every day for $15. So at best you are getting 1.5 games and that is being generous. Also, there is no way you are getting this bundle at $450 in Canada any more and you know it...it's higher now.

This is a limited edition console, people should expect to pay a little more to have something that not everyone has. I have the white one from the Destiny bundle and I can sell that used right now for more than I paid for it originally because it has been sold out since X-mas and is never coming back. Good luck doing that with a plain old black one.
Damn bigs stop trying to convince me to get this.

I like physical games as well and already have Last of Us, so no biggy but you're right this is a limited. I also checked if I have some games I can trade in and I do, 7 PS4 games and 1 X1 and a 3DS XL, so I will probably get $250+ credit for those.

Damn, I have the Destiny white one too but will keep it but I am a sucker for limited editions.

As for buying PS4s/X1s cheap, actually, you can get a new PS4 for $399 and $450 at a store called Jumbo Videos (Microplay). They are selling all their consoles for $50 off. You can buy 3 used games for the price of the 2. Really great place to buy video games and stuff.