Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 12-30-2011, 08:48 PM   #501
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
The argument is why should Mondo make changes to a system when they are selling most of their things out in less than five minutes? The Star Wars Stout run was the highest edition size and even then there were problems last year but if they were to raise edition sizes of their posters permanently most of their customers would leave and they would lose licenses. The reason why Mondo gets agreements with the big companies is because they tell Mondo to keep their items numbered and rare for collectibility alone. If Mondo played the game that Sideshow is currently in which is playing with their edition sizes and making some of their items open they would lose most of their customers so Mondo is in a great spot as long as their stuff keeps on selling out fast.
I don't think anyone is saying raise edition sizes. I know I'm not. I just want a more convenient ordering process and not have to commit so much time to something I may or may not get. The reason Mondo should do this is because it makes sense and it better accommodates their collecting base.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:49 PM   #502
Awesome
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I think going into the new year Mondo needs to address the issues surrounding their website & product drops. The flippers aren't going to go away and the last thing we need is Mondo bumping up the ES taking the collectability out of these items but the company and product are gaining in popularity and as such certain things need to be addressed or its going to get even messier than it already is.

Ideas:
  • If you have multiple items in your cart and one sells out the remaining item(s) that are in stock should still process.
  • Keep a credit card on file for those of us that are regulars so we don't need to enter the info in with every purchase.
  • Shorten the drop window to an hour or less. Its hard enough to get these but wasting 2 hours only to come up completely empty handed gets old FAST.
  • Drop these at a time where working class citizens have an opportunity to order without having to take a day off from work. 6 or 7 pm PST would be much more accommodating.
1. Yeah I don't like that you can get bent over while checking out.

2. Most likely it's a security issue since they don't want to store credit card information on their servers, it makes things easier for them.

3 and 4. As a business they have to work things around other aspects such a doing preparations, sorting stock, working with artists, setting up movie shows and shipping things. So it would be hard now to sell things at night so they just do it in the morning before they get the whole staff gets their day going.
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:50 PM   #503
Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Will a higher ES make you guys like these pieces less?
Most of their customers buy for the rarity of these. If they printed 2,000 of a single poster Mondo would be shut down in 6 months.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:51 PM   #504
Awesome

Quote:
Mondo told you this?
They didn't tell me this personally but they have said numerous times that when they sign the contract the company they are doing business with tells them the edition sizes they prefer and Mondo talks it out with them.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:54 PM   #505
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
1. Yeah I don't like that you can get bent over while checking out.

2. Most likely it's a security issue since they don't want to store credit card information on their servers, it makes things easier for them.

3 and 4. As a business they have to work things around other aspects such a doing preparations, sorting stock, working with artists, setting up movie shows and shipping things. So it would be hard now to sell things at night so they just do it in the morning before they get the whole staff gets their day going.
RE #2 - Other companies do it without problem. Mondo is growing so I think its within reason to expect their site and business model to grow accordingly

RE #3 & 4 - Since these are essentially pre-orders (orders are filled at a later date) it shouldn't matter when they drop them if the ES is set.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:00 PM   #506
Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
RE #2 - Other companies do it without problem. Mondo is growing so I think its within reason to expect their site and business model to grow accordingly

RE #3 & 4 - Since these are essentially pre-orders (orders are filled at a later date) it shouldn't matter when they drop them if the ES is set.
PCI compliance is a pain in the ass when you store credit card numbers on your servers so they have the right idea. It gets annoying and it takes manpower and time to deal with it if someone breaks in and gets information. A small LLC like this with not many employees shouldn't bother with it if things sell out the way they do.

It's most likely up to Justin's when they go for sale in the morning since he is the one who mans the whole twitter thing and is the main spokesperson of the company. So the sale time revolves around what he and the owners feel is a good time to get things done. Just in case something goes wrong during the sale in the morning they know by now to do it at that time so they can be there and get it over with to get the rest of the business running for the rest of the day.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:14 PM   #507
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Most of their customers buy for the rarity of these. If they printed 2,000 of a single poster Mondo would be shut down in 6 months.

Accessibility appears to be the issue more than rarity. The skeptic in me can't help but wonder how many of these prints may actually be preordered by sellers prior to the public getting a fair shot at scoring one. For some reason, it seems like the flippers have an uncanny and consistent access.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:22 PM   #508
Awesome

Quote:
Accessibility appears to be the issue more than rarity. The skeptic in me can't help but wonder how many of these prints may actually preordered by sellers prior to the public getting a fair shot at scoring one. For some reason, it seems like the flippers have an uncanny and consistent access.
Some people just know what they are doing when they are trying to buy one.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:44 PM   #509
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Accessibility appears to be the issue more than rarity. The skeptic in me can't help but wonder how many of these prints may actually preordered by sellers prior to the public getting a fair shot at scoring one. For some reason, it seems like the flippers have an uncanny and consistent access.
Quote:
Some people just know what they are doing when they are trying to buy one.
I have to agree with RS on this. MONSTER is all but a professional at the Mondo drops and when he even has issues landing a piece there are issues. For eBay sellers to be able to access what they want and when they want it with 100% accuracy but yet a slew of well informed SF's are turned away at the gate week after week it becomes less of a hypothesis ...
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:46 PM   #510
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Pain View Post
When they have one that I really want, I'm taking off work. If I can't get one with my internet/pc speed then I'll know something isn't right with Mondo.
Is that worth it? Wouldn't your earnings for the day far out strip the 150-200% flipper premium on a piece? Not to mention the compounded loss if you missed out as this nonsense is now a game of seconds it seems.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote