Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-03-2012, 10:10 PM   #181
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
People still really like the other characters enough to purchase them which allows them to do this, doing something like that with the TC line might have killed it right out the box.
Well we were only one away from that happening as it is.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:42 PM   #182
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I'm sorry to hear this Thundercats fans

I would especially be gutted if i had seen a dynamic piece from my favorite line was coming up, and it wasn't to be released

but you have to look at the plus side.. honestly, if this were my favourite line, I would be greatful we at least got the 2 main characters. For example, if only Terry Bogard and Geese Howard were released from King of Fighters, it would bring a smile to my face they came to fruition and a company took a chance with them... and such bad ass renditions in 1:4 form to represent the line. At least we have that
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:55 PM   #183
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by manboy View Post
hey Jerry, is it possible to divulge how many numbers total you needed pre-ordered in order to go through with it?
200 is our minimum to go into production but that doesnt fluctuate depending on the piece.

Tygra didnt come close to 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
www.kickstarter.com for the license capital. Make us put our money up for the licenses we want.

Just an out of the box idea...
The fans spoke already...they didnt pre-order Tygra. Its not like they can say it didnt look great or that the two previous pieces werent great.

They just didnt want it. No reason to retread that...but more importantly you cant use Kickstarter for licensed products. The license holders would be embarrassed if you didnt get enough contributors...looks bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by labanog View Post
will there be a chance for tygra and cheetarah still be sold at your website jerry? was really hoping to collect the tcats
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmcoelho View Post
Oh man... really sorry for this whole siituation. Thundercats line was one of those lines that had me up on the fence for a long time (even today). I feel sorry for all the Tcats fans.

I was wondering... recently i read that Tekken was the Fighting game franchise with the biggest sales number considering all the titles... like, tekken sold 40 million copies and SF 30 million.

From a business standpoint and from your personal impression of the collectors requests Jerry, do you see yourself doing anything from tekken?
I talked to them briefly awhile back and they wanted more money than i was willing to spend.

however, my armchair guess is even if Tekken sold more games SF is more popular. Not sure how to explain that...
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:06 PM   #184
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

I really think it has to do with the characters. I very VERY casually play Street Fighter but I jsut love the characters and would buy almost any 1/4 statue as long as it wasnt someone like Sakura or something.

Tekken while a solid fighter, has meh characters minus a few in my opinion. Same reason I still will buy the MK statues. The characters....
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:11 PM   #185
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I'm sorry for your loss hear as well J-mac.. I'm sure you wear it on your sleeve.. one thing is for sure.. I love Mortal Kombat and I love Street Fighter, and I especially love the way you do statues, so I will support the shiznit out of those lines. Support the lines you love. It's why I bought MK9 Scorpion though I wanted a different rendition, to support PCS for getting MK, it seemed a necessity for me to continue a dream line. Though I love that line now too.
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:10 AM   #186
DRAGONTHEBOMB
I am da law!

ahh the little boy in me just cried That really sux to hear..I was really looking forward on having a Thundercats display with all of them.....and no Cheetara
DRAGONTHEBOMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:29 AM   #187
Mannequin
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

Lets bid for the Prototype of Tygra shown on SDCC..

humm .. i wonder speculation. 500$ easily?
Mannequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:36 AM   #188
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Well a lot of people still want it like me, I was waiting to get it for less than 400.00 because lion o ex is now for sale for 300.00 on the freaks forum. So does this mean no cheetara? Crap. :/ maybe GG should pick it up? But the flaws from the packing etc didn't help either. I mean look at chun Li, everyone was so excited to get it and then the eyes was mess up. I bought the red and blue one. Was so excited to get her, but with all the issues I quit the street fighter line. It's not worth all the troubles. I love sagat but didn't even order it in fears of more issues like chun Li. I'm thinking of selling both chun Li statues now.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:42 AM   #189
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I'm so depressed, I was really looking forward to Cheetara.
I bet she would sell much better than tigera! Should have put her out first.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:46 AM   #190
labanog
A day without sunshine is like... night.

still so sad to here the line will be axed,really didn't expect this,wonder if we will even get to see cheetarah! shes looking good from the protopics
labanog is offline   Reply With Quote