Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

View Poll Results: Which 1/7-scale male statues would you buy?
Rebirth costumes 5 41.67%
More Bombshells 3 25.00%
Both 4 33.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-30-2018, 03:04 AM   #1
Gothamite
Phoenix

Statues of Individual Male Characters in Rebirth Era (2016 - present)

During the New 52 era (2011-2016), DC Collectibles made statues of male characters in the DC Icons line. These statues were 1/8-scale and complemented the Wave 3 Artgerm Cover Girls statues. (Some characters were available in the 1/8-scale Arkham line, so they could be displayed alongside the Icons and Artgerm statues.) The DC Icons line basically ended when the New 52 era concluded. Since then, DC hasn't announced resin statues of individual male characters in either 1/8- or 1/7-scales.

Would you like a new line/wave of male characters in their Rebirth costumes in 1/7-scale (to match the Wave 4 Joelle Jones Cover Girls statues), more male characters as individual Bombshells statues (also 1/7-scale), or both?

(Note: 1/7-scale is the same as most Bowen statues. The Joelle Jones and Bombshells statues are 1/7-scale. The individual Designer Series statues are 1/6-scale. The live-action movie/TV statues are 1/6-scale.)

There's been only one individual male Bombshell so far, Aquaman. Joker, Superman, and Batman appear as part of couples statues. The Bombshells line is very popular and could probably be continued indefinitely no matter what happens in primary continuity.

Bombshells Aquaman
Spoiler

Sampling of Rebirth costumes:
Spoiler

Batman

Green Arrow

Red Hood

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 03:27 AM   #2
Gothamite
Phoenix

Personally, I'm conflicted about this. It'd be nice to get Rebirth statues, but two years into Rebirth, some characters are already getting second re-designs (such as Supergirl). More male Bombshells could be cool, too, but a lot of forum members seem quick to dismiss the ones that've been made so far.
Old 08-30-2018, 03:48 AM   #3
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

I don't do a lot of cross-pollinating in my statue displays. If I were to have any new male Icons, I'd prefer the 1/8th scale, not 1/7th, for compatibility issues. I view the Bombshells line as more of a caricature line than realistic and thereby view the series as a standalone. The Jones stuff might blend a bit with the Bombshells, but I'm still not a particular fan of her statues (the artwork I'm okay with). Rebirth/Reborn/Classic Icons versions of Nightwing, Hawkman, Doctor Fate, Captain Atom, GL John Stewart or Adam Strange would be welcomed. I doubt it'll ever happen but stranger things have happened.
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 04:01 AM   #4
Gothamite
Phoenix

You don't display male and female statues together?

Old 08-30-2018, 04:19 AM   #5
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
You don't display male and female statues together?
Yes, I do, actually. What I meant to convey was I don't cross scales or styles that much. My Artgerm Cover Girls and Icons hang out together because they're similar in sculpts and scale. The Supergirl Joelle Jones might have made it to the shelf but the larger scale nixed that notion. My 1/6th stuff is pretty mixed up (DC, Marvel, Indie, etc.) With few exceptions resin, vinyl, porcelain and the like are all huddled together. All my Art of War Wonder Woman statues are isolated, save one or two similar scaled Wondies. Koto ArtFX+ Marvel and DC comingle, but not with Star Wars.
Old 08-30-2018, 04:39 AM   #6
Gothamite
Phoenix

That's why I proposed a scale upgrade for male statues, to match the new Joelle Jones statues.

I've limited myself to Bombshells that haven't been made for other lines (such as Killer Frost and Stargirl) or my absolute favorite characters.
Old 08-30-2018, 04:49 AM   #7
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
That's why I proposed a scale upgrade for male statues, to match the new Joelle Jones statues.
Nah! Too lazy, broke and bereft of space to start all over. Besides, DC is about one more Crisis on Infinite Whatevers from being back in their Silver Age/Modern Age spandex... I'll wait 'em out.
Old 08-30-2018, 04:57 AM   #8
Gothamite
Phoenix

True, isn't Superman back in spandex in Action Comics?
Old 08-30-2018, 07:06 AM   #9
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
... Besides, DC is about one more Crisis on Infinite Whatevers from being back in their Silver Age/Modern Age spandex... I'll wait 'em out.
LoL. Fingers Crossed.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 10:37 AM   #10
Gothamite
Phoenix

I ended up voting for Both. As JoeWorf wrote, Bombshells are their own thing, so they really exist apart from what people might like to collect/display. It'd still be nice to get a few Rebirth statues since the writing and artwork for this era has been quite good so far. I like the PVC statues that DC and Diamond have announced, but I prefer resin if it's available.