Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 08-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #31
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Just stating my opinion. I can't see Catwoman being a biker chick. I can see the Halle Berry version, which was so not Catwoman either, riding a bike. I find the Bombshell line way more believable than this piece. I just see this as a way for DC to get in on the hero/vehicle line like Marvels'. Which is also sculpted and produced by Gentle Giant. I don't see this line going far, I don't think the Marvel line is too popular due to the crazy prices. However, I can't wait to see your pics of her when you get her.

In the New 52 Comics Catwoman rides a bike several times.. Given it's more of a street bike then a chopper like this statue but it does show you she's got some skills

For me I like these type of statues, kind of breaks the stereotype of Superheroes or Villains having to be wearing their costumes all the time.. I think anyone who has been reading the New 52 Comics would be able to tell it's her pretty quickly with the short hair, goggles and the paw print on the side of the bike.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #32
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
In the New 52 Comics Catwoman rides a bike several times.. Given it's more of a street bike then a chopper like this statue but it does show you she's got some skills

For me I like these type of statues, kind of breaks the stereotype of Superheroes or Villains having to be wearing their costumes all the time.. I think anyone who has been reading the New 52 Comics would be able to tell it's her pretty quickly with the short hair, goggles and the paw print on the side of the bike.
It is possible in the New 52 line. I stopped reading that series a while ago.
I am more of a Classic/Balent/AH Catwoman fan.
Yes, some might make the connection and most will just think it is a woman that is driving a motorcycle and likes cats. lol
Or realize who it is after they see "Catwoman" on the box in huge bold letters.

That is perfectly fine if you like it. Doesn't really matter to me. Just sharing an opinion like everyone else on the forum.
I am sure it is sculpted well and the painter did a great job. I just find it a huge yawn. I'd rather see Catwoman doing just about anything else. This is coming from a girl who does actually like bikes, mostly crotch rockets and that does custom paint ups and decals for RC cars and go karts.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #33
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Yes, some might make the connection and most will just think it is a woman that is driving a motorcycle and likes cats. lol

That is perfectly fine if you like it. Doesn't really matter to me. Just sharing an opinion like everyone else on the forum.
I am sure it is sculpted well and the painter did a great job. I just find it a huge yawn. I'd rather see Catwoman doing just about anything else. This is coming from a girl who does actually like bikes, mostly crotch rockets and that does custom paint ups and decals for RC cars and go karts.
I think that's a bit of a stretch. I would imagine a huge majority of people that are somewhat familiar with comics would realize this is catwoman. The only people that might not make the connection are the ones that have no knowledge of the character, but who cares about those people?

I know I would have known this was Selina Kyle without someone telling me.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:16 PM   #34
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
I think that's a bit of a stretch. I would imagine a huge majority of people that are somewhat familiar with comics would realize this is catwoman. The only people that might not make the connection are the ones that have no knowledge of the character, but who cares about those people?

You have a good point. I know this is not everyone's cup of tea but I personally like the style even when I am not a biker (although several members of my family are). I know the character well and this piece speaks Selina Kyle to me. I do not care about what other people think because I collect for personal fun and self-entertainment.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:14 PM   #35
built2shred
Phoenix

It's one of those pieces that you either hate or love....
Old 08-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #36
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post

True that.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:09 PM   #37
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
The other thing to consider is that 99.9% of people will have this displayed amongst other comic statues and as such there is no mistaking that this is Catwoman in that type of setting.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:13 PM   #38
risingstar
Jedi Order

That is an awesome looking piece. If I was more familiar with Selina as a biker, I'd consider it.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #39
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
That is an awesome looking piece. If I was more familiar with Selina as a biker, I'd consider it.
I don't think anyone is really familiar with her as a biker. This is just a new theme they're trying out. No different then the bombshell line, the ame-comi figures or any other alternate reality version of these characters.

Don't forget, we're dealing with a fictional universe that has an infinite number of realities.

How exciting!
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:48 PM   #40
built2shred
Phoenix

Just got a notice from BigBadToyStore.com, this piece just got cancelled by DC.....

Bummer....