Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 04-26-2017, 02:02 PM   #41
qz33
Doctor Doom

How can y'all be excited after how the first in the series has come out?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 02:36 PM   #42
ALIEN
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
This has been approved by the giger estate, it makes ALL the difference. i'd order now and pay everything up front if i could. Just hoping Sideshow does not let us down.

ALIEN
ALIEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 02:38 PM   #43
ALIEN
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
This is the one I've been waiting for, beautiful! Just don't look at the price, it's tragic at almost $1800!!! It is limited to 150 and Japan only however so I'm hoping it is a small run as we saw with the others, and that a cheaper international version will be offered.

You feel there will be 150 special versions for Japan and then another run for outside japan? Has coolprops done this before?
Old 04-26-2017, 02:39 PM   #44
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post

Can't say I'm not worried as the Warrior especially wasn't great production wise. But as prototypes go, this is a beauty!
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 02:40 PM   #45
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIEN View Post
You feel there will be 150 special versions for Japan and then another run for outside japan? Has coolprops done this before?
Yes, with the Dog, and the blue version of the Warrior. I'm hoping this will go up at sideshow for the same price as those eventually. I love this thing, but $1800 is just way too much. Especially with their inconsistent production record.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:23 PM   #46
ALIEN
Sinister Six

Quote:
Yes, with the Dog, and the blue version of the Warrior. I'm hoping this will go up at sideshow for the same price as those eventually. I love this thing, but $1800 is just way too much. Especially with their inconsistent production record.
I know you don't have a crystal ball but would they spread that 150 over Japan & US or do you feel it's 150 for Japan and then another run with some difference for International?

Did the alien dog & blue warrier have any differences to the one's released in Japan?

I really should be more clued up on this, sorry.
ALIEN
Old 04-26-2017, 03:33 PM   #47
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIEN View Post
I know you don't have a crystal ball but would they spread that 150 over Japan & US or do you feel it's 150 for Japan and then another run with some difference for International?

Did the alien dog & blue worrier have any differences to the one's released in Japan?

I really should be more clued up on this, sorry.
ALIEN

I'd suggest that it is 150 for Japan, and then a separate run for international distribution. The Warrior and Dog don't even have an ES yet so who knows how many have been sold, it appears to be unlimited, or timed at least.

I think the only physical difference was a thinner stand, but this Japanese version of the Big chap features that same stand so if an international version does appear, it should be identical. I do believe however that the Japanese versions were produced in house, I may be wrong about that though, my memory is fuzzy. I never did see a production example of the Japanese versions...
Old 04-26-2017, 03:43 PM   #48
ALIEN
Sinister Six

Quote:
I'd suggest that it is 150 for Japan, and then a separate run for international distribution. The Warrior and Dog don't even have an ES yet so who knows how many have been sold, it appears to be unlimited, or timed at least.

I think the only physical difference was a thinner stand, but this Japanese version of the Big chap features that same stand so if an international version does appear, it should be identical. I do believe however that the Japanese versions were produced in house, I may be wrong about that though, my memory is fuzzy. I never did see a production example of the Japanese versions...
Also Chromium plating was mentioned for the teeth so maybe international release will just be painted? Hard to see they would just produce 150 and that's the end of it. Maybe 150 with signed certificates from the giger museum and the rest just standard.

Really wish these companies would be more transparent with the collectors.

ALIEN
Old 04-26-2017, 06:12 PM   #49
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Beautifull piece except the chin...how they didn't get this accurate is beyond me...I really thought they would have done the necessary adjustments in that regard.The chin looks awful.
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:27 PM   #50
MK Ultra
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Beautiful,Beautiful! Would of loved to have seen chrome teeth on this, no biggie though and as long as they can get the QC close to what the Pred.2 was, I'm good to go.
MK Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote